Some Widgets Not Working
gish

A couple of my HTC widgets aren't working. Most notably the Tasks one. When I try to add it to the home screen, nothing happens. Is this happening to everyone, or did I get a bad phone?

0 Likes
Re: Some Widgets Not Working
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi gish! I can help with the issue you're experiencing with your widgets. Can you assist me with the process you're using? Do you press and hold on an unoccupied area of your homescreen to add a widget? If so, when you select Tasks, what happens? Does the widget simply not appear or do you get a widget that doesn't function?

0 Likes
gish

I've tried both holding the home screen, and also adding it through Menu --> Personalize. It doesn't show up at all.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

One more thing I need you to do: Please perform a soft reset of the phone and try to add the widget again. Soft resets are completed by removing the battery from the phone, waiting 30 seconds and then reattaching. You should be able to add the widget.

If it still fails, please take an inventory of how many widgets are currently on the home screen, and then send me a direct message with your name and phone number. Thanks!

0 Likes
gish

The battery can't be removed on the Rhyme. I will message you shortly.

0 Likes
gish

I'm sorry, I don't see how to direct message you? It says your email is unavailable. I currently have eight widgets, but when I first tried to add the Tasks one, I didn't have any.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

To send a direct message, you only have to hover over my user name. I've sent you a message, so all you've gotta do is reply to mine!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Actually it seems that until the user follows you and then you agree to allow them to follow you the option usually doesnt show to reply...  B33 traced this issue down when the site first came online..

1-10-2012 3-17-56 PM.png

CJDROID

i just got a rhyme yesterday and am having same issue with adding the task widget and music widget. using either method of adding a widget/app doesnt work. if i select the widget i want to add it never appears for placement

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the head's up on this, wildman!

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes