Some problems with GB 2.11.605.5 - Any Suggestions?
mckrzoska

I just got the 2.11.605.5 update this morning and while my phone still works, there are a few annoyances that seem to be part of the update.  Does anyone have any idea how to correct these problems?

• Purchased Ringtones (purchased from Verizon) are gone.
  • When I answer a call, it automatically goes to speaker.
  • The night time clock widget is no longer working.

0 Likes
Re: Some problems with GB 2.11.605.5 - Any Suggestions?
Frudaddy

I too am having a problem with the night clock mode.  It works fine if you use the day icon, but not the night icon (only dims the screen).  I have also noticed theat the fonts on the alarm section have grown significantly.

My largest problem with the update, however, is with my contact ringtones.  It seems that my phone selects the ringtone that I have set for the last person that called me, rather than the person who is calling me.

On a side note, I am so grateful that verizon has been kind enough to save thier customer service numberson my sim card and protect them from intentional deletion.  I had merely renamed those contacts so that I could more easily search for them, as well as keep them filed under V for Verizon, and have never used any of them.  Should I want anything except them at the contacts list now, I have to hide the sim numbers from my contacts list, which will also hide any other important contacts that I may also choose to keep on the sim.

I don't like the Tunewiki update either, but that one is barely worth mentioning.  And nobody likes the unremovable bloatware.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello mckrzoska,

I'm glad to hear that you have the latest software version on the HTC Thunderbolt. I'm sure you will be happy with the many enhancements that it adds to an already amazing phone. It is not out of the ordinary for a software update not to settle properly onto the device when done wirelessly. I recommend performing a factory data reset on the device to resolve the issues that you posted above. Here's a link on how to complete this process. 

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=39075

Prior to completing the reset process, please ensure that your contacts and calendar entries are saved on your Gmail. You also have the option to use backup assistant to preserve your contacts also. Once the reset has been completed the device will need to be re-setup. There is a brief tutorial on the device that will guide you through this process. After the phone is setup, please verify that all of your voice and data service is functioning properly. As far as your ringtone purchases from us, we have a service called My Media Retrieval online at My Verizon. I encourage the use of this service after the reset has been done on the Thunderbolt.

Also, feel free to test the night time clock widget for functionality. If it still doesn't work then I can escalate this to the developers. A workaround to the clock widget would be to download a 3rd party app from the market. Since we are unable to recommend a 3rd app, I can encourage that you read the reviews from others that have used the app. This can provide you some great insight on the app of your choice as far as functionality and ease of use.

Let me know if this works for you...

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
Just use the dock mode for night clock. Tap search button then choose to search apps and type in dock then tap dock mode it has a dim button if its to bright. it has a nice look to it.
0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
Also I had the problem with speaker once but a restart fixed it for me hasn't happened since. And I assume since you paid for some ring tones you should be able to re download them at no charge but I could not say for sure I just use mp3 files or use other sound files placed on sd card I just can't see paying for a ring tone when I could have it free.
0 Likes
Frudaddy

Factory reset done, zero improvement, however I used HTC sync to backup my contacts and calendar to Outlook 2002, and the new Sync software isn't comaptible with my Outlook so I can't put the information back on my phone.  Some of this is personal information that I do not wish to store on either Google or Verizon servers.  Naturally my first instinct was to uninstall the newer version of sync and reinstall the former, now sync will not even recognize my phone.  I can, however, mount as a drive and freely view the contents of my SD card.  In other words, after following the standard, hard reset advice, I have more trouble than I did before.  I had zero problems a week ago.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Have you tried exporting a .csv file with your info from Outlook then importing it and possibly merging into your gmail account? I had to do this for fixing my wife's iPhone after a bad sync.(Verizon backup assistant is not compatible with the iPhone)
0 Likes
Frudaddy

I have considered the option of exporting to gmail, however that puts my personal information on their server and defeats the purpose for using Outlook on my own PC instead of Google for my PIM.  They own the server, they have access to the data.  I am leaning toward the option of moving the data to a newer version of outlook, or re-entering it manually.  Of course, these are things that I should not have to deal with.  The most sickening thing to me is that this incovenience is for nothing, since the factory reset was a complete waste of time, and I still have every problem that I had before.  I have also since downloaded a fresh copy of the update and attempted to re-flash (not a real big deal since my phone is currently stripped of most everthing).  Still the same crap.

{edit for TOS violation}

0 Likes