Speakerphone set to on by default on incoming calls
Thunderbolt777

When I answer an incoming call my phone by default is set to speaker on! Can anyone tell me how to set the default to be speaker off on incoming calls. I can not find this info anywhere in the manual.

0 Likes
Re: Speakerphone set to on by default on incoming calls
DucksDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am sure that you read this in the manual:

Turning the speakerphone on or off during a call
To turn the speakerphone on, you can do any of the following:
Flip your phone over during a call (be sure that Flip for speaker is selected in HOME > MENU > Settings > Sound).
**I would uncheck this**
On the call screen, tap the speakerphone icon appears in the status bar when the speakerphone is on.
To turn the speakerphone off, just flip the phone over again, facing it up. Or tap again.

0 Likes
Thunderbolt777

My speakerphone is on every time I answer a call. I have to fumble with the off key on every call I get ! And as touchy as the screen is some time all kinds of weird thinks happen!! Some times depending on who is calling and who I am standing with this can be embarrassing! I want to know how to have the speakerphone off when I answer a call and then turn the speaker phone on by flipping upside down or hitting the speakerphone key if I want it on!

Is your speakerphone set to on when you answer a call?

Thanks

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Are You sure it's the speakerphone and not the in-call volume set very high. Sometimes people's volume get set so high it sounds as if they are on speakerphone. If you want to check this have a friend call the while on the call adjust the earpiece volume using the volume rocker to lower it. I had accidents with inadvertent depressing and lowering the ringer (because I wasn't on a call) so that it actually turned the ringer off. Hope it's this easy a fix.

0 Likes
SRMAE2

My phone was doing the exact same thing.  I do not know if it was a coincidence or not but the VZ support person told me to uninstall Lookout.  I did and then rebooted the phone and it is back to normal.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes