Re: Standalone GPS Services Message
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Once again proving that you can't please everyone. I actually leave an occasional popup on to remind me of something that I tend to forget, but it would be nice if they'd at least give me an option to turn it off and make it my decision and not someone elses.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
U cant get rid of the message I think. When I press u have to press ok.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
It's so u know that everyone can track u? A warning.
0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Gina,

When the window pops up, pressing OK turns the Stnadalone GPS on and pressing Cancel leaves it off. It will still pop up the next time you click to turn it on.

If they want to spy on you, they can do that any time your phone is turned on and if they really cared enough about you to want to know your location, they probably wouldn't warn you.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
That's what cs said something to do with that. It is on all new phones. There is no option to stop the memo forever. That's the only risk I can think of when it says risk. Sorry
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I think for Liability reasons remember the iPhone problem with tracking people. They have to put it on the phone now.
0 Likes
jonnybond
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem is not so much with thieves, but that it actual prevents the phone from doing other things, like turning on the bluetooth.  I have the Llama's program which changes my profile depending on location.  It turns off gps and bluetooth when I am at work.  When I leave it turns both back on automatically.  The issue is the message pops up, even while the phone is asleep and prevents the bluetooth from activating, necessitating me to manually go on the phone and press ok to the message, usually while I am driving because the car's BT system did not pick up my phone.  It is absurd we are not given the option to disable this message by checking a box.  Verizon, how about it....  ???