Still haven't gotten Gingerbread
Jrissmeyer1

I called Verizon about 2 months ago, and was told I would receive the update by December 27th for sure.  I still haven't gotten the update, and I am dealing with many problems with my Thunderbolt, such as:  sms sending to the wrong recipient, data connection dropping, front facing camera stopping, and more.  Is anyone else still waiting for the update?  Is there any way I can get the update?  I've tried doing it manually several times with no luck.

0 Likes
Re: Still haven't gotten Gingerbread
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are you using IE9 to post?

If so, turn on the compatibility mode or try a different browser.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Jrissmeyer,

The Thunderbolt is a VERY nice device! I love the Sense user interface combined with the 4G LTE connectivity is The HTC Thunderbolt software was released on 12/16. Historically the software push takes 10 - 14 days to complete. In order to get an understanding as to what software you are looking for, please provide your current software version. baseband version, and kernel version on your device. Once you have done so then I can cross reference your infomation with the current software. Some additional information that I would need is your full name and mobile number with a description of the issue that you are having. If you can be so kind as to send me a private message with this info then I can put in a manual request to have the software pushed wirelessly to your Thunderbolt. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you...

0 Likes
danman52

I had the same problem.  Remove the battery AND sim card for several minutes.  I did this and after weeks of trying to update to Gingerbread, my phone started the update in about two minutes.

0 Likes