Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Still no fix for Thunderbolt front facing camera?
bz31

I have tried all the online known fixes for this issue , clearing data, restarting phone, removing all other camera applications, and still cannot get my front facing camera to work on my Thunderbolt. As soon as I select the front facing camera, the application closes-without any error message-and brings me to the home screen. What is going on? I was able to use it this Spring, and then all of a sudden I can't use it anymore. Please help.

0 Likes
Re: Still no fix for Thunderbolt front facing camera?
lemew
Novice

Try starting up in safe mode; also, try using the camera with sim are out. If this does not work try a hard reset. If this does not work it may be hardware related. Are you using a rooted phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I love the fact that these phones have front facing cameras.
I am not happy that you are having problems using yours.
I would recommend clearing the cache for the camera to see if that helps. Go to Settings>Applications>Select All and go to camera>Clear cache.
If that doesn't resolve, you should then proceed with a hard reset.

Let me know if that helps!

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Luv2ByteYou

This has to be an VZW OTA error or something, because my Moto Droid and my kid's HTC Droid's front-facing camera stopped working almost simultaneously.  Very suspicious that would happen under any circumstances.

Before you do a hard reset, try this:

Pull the SD card and your camera should start to work again. 

After that, you can put the SD card back in, and it should still be working.

0 Likes