Supposed GB Thunderbolt VM Notification issue Fix
ghamden
Newbie

Just talked to Verizon the tier 2 tech said once you have installed the update  if yuou do not recive VM Notifications call tech support they can enable them through Mtask in thier network don't know how that works but they assured me it would that it is not a rom issue it is  a setting in thier network ??

I defer to those with more knowledge than I

 

I have not updated yet if som e who has call and see if there is a anetwork fix we all would loike to know...

0 Likes
Reply
45 Replies
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3
On the phone now with tech support. They say I am the first caller reporting the problem. Ha Ha. On hold. Please stand by.
0 Likes
Reply
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok,

 

Just got off the phone with tech support.

 

VM Indicator is now working.:smileyvery-happy:

 

This is what he did . He had to sync the network, power down the phone and restart. (This may not be everybody's problem. Just passing along the info).

 

I will test over the next couple of hours.

 

Start calling Verizon Wireless Customer Care at (800) 922-0204.

 

Please post your results .

0 Likes
Reply
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well,

 

Half of it works. Now I get a message indicator and it does not clear it's self after your hear the voicemail. Oh well.

 

Back on the phone.

0 Likes
Reply
Wildman
Legend

Lt-Belspur wrote:

Well,

 

Half of it works. Now I get a message indicator and it does not clear it's self after your hear the voicemail. Oh well.

 

Back on the phone.


Looks like the VM bug is still there from the leaked build.... I am glad I use Better You Mail because I dont have to deal with that issue...

0 Likes
Reply
AZSALUKI
Legend

Lt-Belspur wrote:

Well,

 

Half of it works. Now I get a message indicator and it does not clear it's self after your hear the voicemail. Oh well.

 

Back on the phone.


yes...it's been like this for months. one of two things will always happen when someone leaves a message:

 

1) you will not get a VM notification

2) you will get a notification, but can't clear it without rebooting.

 

i have yet to find any rhyme or reason as to which of the 2 will happen. sometimes i get the notifaction, but can't clear it.....and sometimes i just don't get the notification. 

 

 

0 Likes
Reply
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what is happening on my three phones. To tired to call tonight. Will try in the AM.

 

Good Night.

0 Likes
Reply
Wildman
Legend

Good luck but there really doesnt seem to be a working method for the OTA version of GB...

0 Likes
Reply
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what is happening on my three phones. To tired to call tonight. Will try in the AM.

 

Good Night.

0 Likes
Reply
ghamden
Newbie

A developer has a patch tht fixes the vm notication issue he released a patch and the source code so if verizon has any sense thy will use it and compensate him

 

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

 

 

it works perfect no issues

 

0 Likes
Reply
ghamden
Newbie

my post was edited

 

go to yor favorire android forum other than here and search for the patch it works fine

 

Verizon techs you need to search also because the source code for the fix is also posted freely so you canfix the issue

0 Likes
Reply
Wildman
Legend

ghamden wrote:

A developer has a patch tht fixes the vm notication issue he released a patch and the source code so if verizon has any sense thy will use it and compensate him

 

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

 

 

it works perfect no issues

 


I know about this but that is why I did not post the information because ir is against the rules and you have to liberate your device which will void your warranty..

0 Likes
Reply
goochman55
Newbie

on phone with customer service, they said they have NO INFO on this issue either. hmmm

0 Likes
Reply
erishasnobatter

As the developer that created the fix, I will say in VZWs defense, it was more than likely a miss on HTC's part since it was buried deep in the framework.  However, you'd think in 6 months of testing, someone would have noticed that Voicemail Notifications weren't working. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Reply
Wildman
Legend

I agree somewhat but as usual you are focusing on the negitive, out of all the GB updates that has been released the Thunderbolt appears to have the least amount of issues (One really reported) and you are not accepting that they seem to have got the update as correct as possible and so many are acting like one bug is major, nothing is perfect but it appears that they did a good job with this update.

 

Also the developer just identified the bug fix yesterday so if they have overlooked it until then it isnt surprising that HTC overlooked is also and now since the bug has been brought to their attention hopefully they will be able to push a update shortly to resolve this bug in the OTA...

0 Likes
Reply
erishasnobatter

I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we didn't spend much time on it.  We assumed that it would be fixed by the time the OTA was released.  It wasn't, so I took 30 minutes of my time and handled it.

 

You are correct though, the OTA build is relatively bug free as far as updates go, but something as big as Voicemail notifications shouldn't make it through QA.  If I'm a business owner and I miss a voicemail that could have potentially made me millions of dollars because I don't know about it, I know where I'm going to try to recoup my losses.

0 Likes
Reply
AZSALUKI
Legend

erishasnobatter wrote:

I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we didn't spend much time on it.  We assumed that it would be fixed by the time the OTA was released.  It wasn't, so I took 30 minutes of my time and handled it.

 

You are correct though, the OTA build is relatively bug free as far as updates go, but something as big as Voicemail notifications shouldn't make it through QA.  If I'm a business owner and I miss a voicemail that could have potentially made me millions of dollars because I don't know about it, I know where I'm going to try to recoup my losses.


thanks for all of your work. amazing. 

0 Likes
Reply
erishasnobatter

You're very welcome.

 

PS: Sense 3.5 is smoother. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Reply
Morkai
Enthusiast - Level 3

erishasnobatter wrote:

I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we didn't spend much time on it.  We assumed that it would be fixed by the time the OTA was released.  It wasn't, so I took 30 minutes of my time and handled it.

 

You are correct though, the OTA build is relatively bug free as far as updates go, but something as big as Voicemail notifications shouldn't make it through QA.  If I'm a business owner and I miss a voicemail that could have potentially made me millions of dollars because I don't know about it, I know where I'm going to try to recoup my losses.


My god man, please tell me a certain network location bug is in this same catagory!!! I would love to see that one dropped from a certain set of software's list of bugs!

0 Likes
Reply
Wildman
Legend

erishasnobatter wrote:

I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we didn't spend much time on it.  We assumed that it would be fixed by the time the OTA was released.  It wasn't, so I took 30 minutes of my time and handled it.

 

You are correct though, the OTA build is relatively bug free as far as updates go, but something as big as Voicemail notifications shouldn't make it through QA.  If I'm a business owner and I miss a voicemail that could have potentially made me millions of dollars because I don't know about it, I know where I'm going to try to recoup my losses.


eris your work has been incredible and my concern wasnt about your work, I was just pointing out your point. developers solve bugs as they find them and by priority levels thats all...  Thanks to you and your team for all your quality work..

0 Likes
Reply
MarcusI
Enthusiast - Level 3

Developer,

 

I have the update on my TB 2.11.605.3 CL147855

My question is will the OTA patch also fix the GTalk camera and video chat feature?

 

Thank you for your hard work,

MI

0 Likes
Reply