I have my Thunder Bolt set up to sync with Google mail, contacts and calendar but it doesn't. I have tried to do a manual sync still won't sync What can I do? I don't want to lose any news information.
Follow these steps to MANUALLY synchronize your google contacts with your Thunderbolt:
1) Click on the "GMail" widget to open your google email account window
2) Click on "menu" on the capacitive touch buttton row at the bottom of the phone
3) Click on "refresh" in the window that pops up and ALL your google mail AND contacts will sync with your phone every time you perform this function.
Follow these steps to MANUALLY Synchronize your google calendar with your Thunderbolt:
1) Click on the "calendar" widget to open your phone calendar window
2) Click on "menu" on the capacitive touch button row at the botom of the phone
3) Click on "more" in the window that pops up
4) Click on "refresh" in the window that pops up and ALL your google calendar events, etc. will sync with your phone every time you perform this function.
I am having this problem with my Tbolt. With me I have no problem sync from computer to phone, it is instant, however If I enter a contact or calendar event on the phone it will not sync to the computer. No problems with email, just contacts and calendar from phone to online.
Lets get those important calendar and contact sync back and working! If you go under Settings > Accounts and Sync > Google, does it show those two as enabled (checked)? Do you have any other Gmail accounts synced to the Tbolt? I recommend removing the battery from the device (while powered on), waiting 20 seconds, then reinsert the battery and power on. You should see the sync begin again. Keep me posted!
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
After talking w HTC tech we figured out the problem.
Contacts when adding a contact you have to select, under contact type tab, Phone, SIM, or google. It is defaulted to phone. Selecting google sync w my gmail contacts.
Calendar events, when creating new you have to select the gmail account.
Thanks for the Help, but like I posted, I was syncing from online to phone just not phone to online.