T'Bolt slow -choppy video -download- U tube and other Video sites
zakbawa

Since last night, my T'Bolt started acting weirdly having a choppy-slow video (like ppt slides). It looks like slow video download. Audio is great but video is messed up. Anyone can help? thanks for reading my needs . I did powered off numerous time. I do't wanted to do hard reset.. scared of loosing the data.. any other option? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: T'Bolt slow -choppy video -download- U tube and other Video sites
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree that is a slow download speed on wifi. My wifi is usually reversed on those numbers. Is it normally like that?

If you have 4G LTE at home. You can use it. I would be careful if you don't have the unlimited data plan though. Youtube = lots of data.

BTW I think I have used over 3 GB so far this month and still have about ten days left on the billing cycle. I don't even stream Pandora or similar apps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

have you tested your speed (speedtest app)? could be real bad data speed. also, while i agree that a hard reset is a hassle, if you spend the $4-5 on a backup service (i like my backup pro), then it really isn't "too bad" when you have to reset it. i actually had to do this recently and while it was a bit of a hassle setting up the phone just how i like it, it ran like the day that i bought it when i was done.

0 Likes
zakbawa

on 3G speedtest : Ping 137 ms Download: 1640 kbps........ Upload is 630 kbps

on comcast wifi Ping is 42 ms and  download is 695kbps and upload is 5406kbps

I usually use wifi in home, and mywifi download speed -shown above is very slow..that's why my video may be slow... any feedback?

Someone told me that I should use 4G in my home too as it is better than wifi.

any guidance

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

are you in a 4g/LTE network area? if so, then yes, i would use it as it is likely faster than your home wifi...if you have a strong 4g signal. i use the app "LTE OnOff" to swith between 3g and 4g. 4g will kill your battery, but if you're at home that shouldn't matter much. i would try focing it to LTE only while you watch videos at home and see if that helps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree that is a slow download speed on wifi. My wifi is usually reversed on those numbers. Is it normally like that?

If you have 4G LTE at home. You can use it. I would be careful if you don't have the unlimited data plan though. Youtube = lots of data.

BTW I think I have used over 3 GB so far this month and still have about ten days left on the billing cycle. I don't even stream Pandora or similar apps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

good call ann. i totally forget about the tiered plans now. this is correct....if you're not on an unlimited plan, then you may want to stick with wifi.....and call your internet provider. that is ridiculously slow service (unless the problem is your router. run a speed test on your pc or wherever the modem runs directly to).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

My ol inc. did 10.10mbps down an 5.10mbps up using wi-fi  :smileyhappy:  thats faster than my pc can do. but the down side it could only mustar .62 down an .77 up using the network. :smileysad:  those numbers not to good.  B33

0 Likes