T-Bolt will not go to sleep fully - found out why
billgarlic

A few days ago, I discovered that my Thunderbolt would dim its screen but not fully sleep its screen (go dark).   You could force the sleep mode with the button on top. I had received the latest software update on Monday night and thought that was it.  I had two calls to Tier 2 tech support before we did a complete factory reset.  Unfortunately, after the apps were reinstalled (automatically by the market) it was happening again!  Needless to say, I was sucking down battery like there was no tomorrow (which there wasn't).

It turns out it wasn't the update to the main software but a VZ Navigator update I got last week.  I turned off the background process and the phone would sleep normally.  Unfortunately, that process would restart itself some time later, so the next time I got an e-mail update or anything that lit the screen, it would dim but not sleep again.  I would not know this had happened until I looked at the phone and shut down the background process again. I uninstalled the VZ Nav update and the background task no longer causes the problem.

The new update was actually really good. Lots of nice new features.  For the moment, I will simply update when I want to use it and revert when I am done to prevent this sleep issue, but I am hoping they release a fix update soon.  It was really frustrating to track down and rebuilding my phone wasn't fun either...

0 Likes
Re: T-Bolt will not go to sleep fully - found out why
budone
Legend

I was not aware the market auto sends apps after a factory reset.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This is what the Auto Restore option does under the Settings / Privacy area, when Back up my settings and Auto Restore is checked it will auto download apps last installed and restore some settings...   Sometimes this causes the issue that the OP is seeing...

Im not a fan of this feature and I usually disable it to avoid the auto restore of apps I uninstalled.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yeah, I discovered just how well the auto-restore works when I first got the Tbolt. It loaded all the applications that were on my Droid Eris. I purposely disabled the feature when I eventually did the factory reset on the Tbolt.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes