TB not sending correct tones?
dcsdds

At times when I use speed dial the network does not recognize the correct numbers.  i.e. - I have my password added to the *86 for voicemail and I can usually just push 1 and it connects and starts playing any messages.  ~ 1/3 of the time it says it is an errant password and asks me to reenter the password.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TB not sending correct tones?
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the inquiry and suggestions. Adding to what was stated, it also can be an issue where your in an extended network. When you have * 86 as entered in on your phone, it being a speed dial function may not go through because your in extended network. That is why it may be asked you re enter your password as the digits were not recognized to access the voice mail speed dial function. This is true with other devices besides the Thunderbolt. However, we trust your voice mail access as you normal would without this hindrance. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

I'll take the 1st shot in the dark with this.  How do you have the VM # configured?  Mine is *86,,$$$$$$@.  In the past, depending on the phone, if I did not have enough Pauses (= ,) or Waits (=@) I would get the reenter password msg.  $ = PW.    Try different configuration to see if that helps.  That's all I know.

Good Luck,

bx16

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I recommend Google Voice. VM gets sent to you like a text and you can read them and / or listen to them. Without dialing *86 or entering a pin and you can delete them just like emails. Why easier ad faster than VZW's voicemail. Look at Sprint they're making Google Voice their VM of choice. Also you can get a Google phone #, setup different contact groups, have different greetings for each group, and have a nice place on the web to keep and organize contacts. 

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the inquiry and suggestions. Adding to what was stated, it also can be an issue where your in an extended network. When you have * 86 as entered in on your phone, it being a speed dial function may not go through because your in extended network. That is why it may be asked you re enter your password as the digits were not recognized to access the voice mail speed dial function. This is true with other devices besides the Thunderbolt. However, we trust your voice mail access as you normal would without this hindrance. 

0 Likes