THUNDERBOLT HTC
star7068

IM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY PHONE ...WHEN  IM TALKING WITH SOME ONE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY CANNOT HEAR ME,HOWEVER I CAN HEAR THEM. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? SOMETIMES WHEN THEY CALL THEY CANNOT HEAR ME FROM THE START. AND IT HAPPENS WITH DIFFERENT CALLERS NOT JUST ONE.

0 Likes
Re: THUNDERBOLT HTC
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

Cell phones.

Anyway, dial #### after the call. After you get 5 call tech support

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

star7068 wrote:

IM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY PHONE ...WHEN  IM TALKING WITH SOME ONE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY CANNOT HEAR ME,HOWEVER I CAN HEAR THEM. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? SOMETIMES WHEN THEY CALL THEY CANNOT HEAR ME FROM THE START. AND IT HAPPENS WITH DIFFERENT CALLERS NOT JUST ONE.

Thanks to the community member for your suggestion. Adding to what was suggested, Star7068 are you still having the issue while on a call where the other party can not hear you? Perhaps you have your microphone muted during the call without realizing it. When a call is in progress, please press Menu and see if your microphone is muted. If so, un-mute the microphone and check to see if the person can hear you speaking. The speaker mute icon in the status bar also helps with checking if the microphone is muted. I am providing you a link to the user guide for an additional reference that helps with the un-muting of the microphone and other related features. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
P_Rickey

I have the same problem. It happens on almost every call that lasts more than a couple of minutes. Somehow, either the mute icon or the speakerphone icon (usually the mute) gets activated. I don't know exactly how, since they are not located where my cheek would touch them very easily. Maybe it is my hair brushing against them.

Once I realize the mute is on, I have to turn the screen back on before I can push the mute icon to turn the microphone back on. By that time, the person at the other end has usually hung up and I have to call them back and explain what happened. A major. major annoyance. One that would keep me from recommending this phone to anyone else. I exchanged the first Thunderbolt I had, mainly because of this problem, but the second one does the same. I am very tired of explaining to everyone I talk to why they can't hear me, but I apparently have to live with this problem. If anyone has a solution, please let us know.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Simple solution that I have found works when you are on a call hit the "Stand By" button on the phoen turning the screen black. This will prevent you from brushing agenst eather of the Icons and activating mute or speaker phone. Another solution is to hit your "Home Screen" Icon sending the phone to your home screen this will agin prevent you from activating Mute or Speeker phoen but coudl cause you to hit an AP or two. Also this is a comen problem with most touch based smart phones even the I-Phone. It's the price we pay for having a screen that we can manipultae while having the mic right below it:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Butterflynma

Yes I've been having this same problem, among others, for several weeks now.  And it has absolutely nothing to do with accidentally touching the mute button.  

0 Likes
dragon68
I don't have this issue when I use my Bluetooth. I drive OTR and not able to use just phone. However when done driving, I would use just phone and then had issue of hitting mute button. So I just use my Bluetooth now and all is good.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I'm having this problem and I'm not touching the mute to my knowledge.
0 Likes