Terrible call quality when the phone is in left hand, fine in right hand
pjdonovan

I've had this problem with my rezound before i got a replacement and after.

Whenever I hold the phone with my left hand, the signal is distorted to the point that my parents and friends can't understand a word I say.  I've tried different locations and different ways to hold the phone with my left and and it ALWAYS messes up.  Immediately upon switching to my right hand, the problem goes away.  I hold it the same way in both hands.  Has ANYONE else had this problem and is there a solution out there?

0 Likes
Re: Terrible call quality when the phone is in left hand, fine in right hand
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The antennae connections are in the back cover, so something with how you hold the phone with one hand compared to the other appears to be causing some interference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Pjdonovan!

I don't want you to have to have to juggle your phone! I triple checked my resources and the good news is I didn't see this as a recorded known issue.

I went here: http://bit.ly/yN1P80 and chose the Rezound and pulled up the user manual. On page 9 it shows a picture of the phone and what all of the functions are on the phone. I noticed the mic is located at the bottom right corner of the phone when the screen is facing you.

Do you have a case or does your palm/fingers cover the mic while it's in your left hand? The mic in your right hand is closer to your mouth and your thumb is probably placed up a long side the phone.

Let me know!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
pjdonovan

I removed the case and it still has a bad reception. I held it with just

my three fingers on my left hand and the thumb was holding/touching the

device with my pinky as far away from the mic as possible. It may be the

mic is too far away, but this is too nice a phone to have that be the

issue. Again. Its frustrating to experience "you broke up again, put it

in your right hand" whenever you talk on the phone. I may just have to get

another type of phone.

It's just baffling to me that this has happened on two phones but no one

else has experienced it. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
jdfrye
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like demmo86rt said..the antenna is in the back cover. So for example..if the back cover is off the phone you will get zero service. So Maybe the connectors are not making contact to the phone. Go into a corporate Verizon store and have them replace the back cover of the phone. or you can even look closely and see if any are bent or broken

0 Likes
lack51

I am on my 3rd phone and have had same problem as you but it's in my left hand that is good but right is terrible. People are always telling me I can't hear you or sounds like underwater. Great phone but I am a salesman and live on the phone. Please need help Verizion as 1 year left on contract.

The problem must be in the mics !!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Lack51!

I don't want your customers to think you're underwater! Based on the conversation here I think we may be on to something!

Generally when you replace a phone you keep the battery, the back cover, and any accessories you may have. If flipping the phone around or changing cases doesn't make a difference, perhaps it is the actual back cover.

We do receive stock of back covers for this specific device. If you're still under your 1 year warranty and the back cover isn't damaged we can replace it!

Let's give that a shot & please report back!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes