Tethering
rjewellsr

What is the best app to tether the Thunderbolt??  I have tried two plus the hot spot and no luck with XP PC.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tethering
Not applicable

The hotspot promo has been extended until July 7th, 2011.  We have no details on data allowance or pricing at this time. Since we have not had an unlimited hotspot feature in the past, I can't speak to having one in the future.  However, when more information becomes available, we will surely let our customers know. 

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rjewellsr wrote:

What is the best app to tether the Thunderbolt??  I have tried two plus the hot spot and no luck with XP PC.

hotspot, but you need to pay tethering, its $20 a month for 2gb

0 Likes
rjewellsr

I am paying for it, on hot spot my pc shows the SSID but will not connect.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
If using the free hotspot, be sure to enter the passcode on your PC. The passcode is found in the hotspot app on the phone
0 Likes
budone
Legend
Also be sure to turn the hotspot on.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
The free teathering apps I heard are blocked so u have to pay or free promotion like it is now. It is not confirmed what the price will be. $20 is for 3g only. When they mention it now there speculating it.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
The security might not match the computer. I had to change it in my connection on my computer to match the phone
0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for all the responses on here! It's been a few days since the last post so I'd like to assume the hotspot is all cleared up, but I wanted to post the steps to activate here.

Go to Mobile Hotspot and tap the checkmark to turn on, it'll turn green, you'll next get a warning screen about the data usage, you must enter a network name (SSID) and I recommend having a password. Security should be set to WPA2 (AES) by default. Then you're all set!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Actually I had some difficulty using the hotspot this past weekend. My devices refused to connect to the settings I had previously set up and had working before. I tried to connect with two different devices and both would go through a cycle of connect, authenticating, disconnect and repeat. I had the password right and set to WPA2 (AES).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I get a message on my PC stating unable to connect, yet I am.

0 Likes