Re: Tethering
doublesnaggle
I have yet to get any reliable connection out of the mobile hotspot. And if there is a data limit on it, i will be a raving lunatic come the 15th. I was specifically told after the promotion there would be an unlimited plan available for the hotspot.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

doublesnaggle wrote:
 And if there is a data limit on it, i will be a raving lunatic come the 15th. I was specifically told after the promotion there would be an unlimited plan available for the hotspot.

Get your reservation in for the rubber room. :smileytongue: WHY would the hotspot be offered as unlimited when VZW has stated, this summer data plans are switching to tiered.

You can use it as much as you like, it just costs more with more data consumed.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
The hotspot is still unlimited until July 7
0 Likes
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

doublesnaggle wrote:
I have yet to get any reliable connection out of the mobile hotspot. And if there is a data limit on it, i will be a raving lunatic come the 15th. I was specifically told after the promotion there would be an unlimited plan available for the hotspot.

Yeah, I got lied to by the sales drones at the VZ store the same way.  Not only is it limited, but they are not even going to tell you how much they are going to soak you for until they turn off the promo. Nice ethics, huh.

0 Likes
ciampaglione
Enthusiast - Level 2

vx1 wrote:

doublesnaggle wrote:

Yeah, I got lied to by the sales drones at the VZ store the same way.  Not only is it limited, but they are not even going to tell you how much they are going to soak you for until they turn off the promo. Nice ethics, huh.

They don't even know what the plan is yet, why do you think they keep extending the free hotspot?  My guess (and that's all any of this is until something official comes out) is that they are going to announce the hotspot plan when they announce tiered data.  I would hope if they tier data they will allow free tethering.  Not sure why they'd care how you use your data if you have a limit.  They may allow those of us who already have unlimited data to stay on that plan but charge for the hotpsot with a cap.  That's what I'd do.  Free hotspot would be a good way to entice mid level data users to the tiered plans.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The hotspot promo has been extended until July 7th, 2011.  We have no details on data allowance or pricing at this time. Since we have not had an unlimited hotspot feature in the past, I can't speak to having one in the future.  However, when more information becomes available, we will surely let our customers know. 

Have a great day!

0 Likes