Text Messages randomly send
warhippy

My text messages have started randomly sending before i'm done. The keyboard disappears and my partial message appears in the "add text" window below the conversation window. If i touch the add text window, instead of opening the keyboard to continue, nothing happens. If I touch the back arrow, the screen goes back to the list of messages and it archives the partial message. Then I can return to the conversation and it'll open to the keyboard and let me continue, but it may try to send it again, and I have to go through all that again. When i finally finish the message, I can touch send, and it sends the message. Is that something that can be fixed, or a glitch in the app, or something in my settings, or is the phone broken and needs replaced. I've only had the phone less than two months, never dropped iit and never got it wet. I just don't understand why it would start for no reason I can see. Can anyone enlighten me?

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages randomly send
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

warhippy lets make sure that we get your messages flowing! Fill us in on the details and we'll work to pinpoint the issue. Are you using the standard pre-installed messaging app or a 3rd party app? Does the trouble happen on every message or intermittently? Have you downloaded any new apps since the issue started?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
warhippy

I'm using the standard messaging app. it happens intermittently, more often when i have the phone in the wide format than the standard view. I hadn't downloaded any new apps before it started. It just all of a sudden started doing it. I had been messaging one person for about an hour, then it started sending half messages, then I finally got it under control somewhat by doing the rotation i described, archiving the partial message, then opening the text window again and continuing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Warhippy,

Thanks for the details!

I researched this and do not see it being a known reported issues with this phone. What software version are you running? Delete all the messaging thread and retest. Keep me posted if the issue continues.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
warhippy

I don't know where to find the messaging app version. Let me explain the issue a little better. My last phone was a motorola razer. When i was done typing the message, i hit send in the keyboard window. It sent the message to the conversation window in the text box, where I could proofread it and if it was ok, hit send in the text box and it sent. If it needed correcting, i tapped in the message box and it opened up the keyboard window again and i could fix the errors.

This phone works differently. when i hit send in the keyboard window, it sends the message to the recipient, skipping the proofreading step that the razer had. When it errors, it sends the message to the message bar of the conversation window like the razer. I can still send the partial message by hitting the send in the text box and it will send the partial message. But, if i touch the text message in the text box, it will not open up the keyboard window to make corrections. I have to back arrow out of the conversation and let it archive the message, then open the conversation again, and it automatically opens the keyboard window with the partial message, and i can continue.

This happens all in the wide view, in the narrow view, the partial message just sends when you tap send

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

warhippy,

Thanks for the additional details! Are you having this issue with all text message? Was the thread deleted and still causing you issues? What software do you currently have installed in your phone? Please provide additional details to better assist you.

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes