Re: Text messages going to the wrong people...
rfaren23

This situation is happening to me and I have the I Phone. Over the past few weeks I have tried 2- I Phones, Droid Incredible 2, Droid X , Blackberry Tour and Bold all have had the same issue. I was told by Verizon to change my number. I did that 2 times and still not fixed. It even happend while trying Blackberry Messenger.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello rfaren23,

That is a different situation.  Sorry to hear you had to attempt so many different things.  Please PM me with your name and mobile number and I can take a look at your account details and possible submit a resolution ticket to our engineers to address this opportunity for you.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
deidre310
This has happened to me at, least 3 times today alone. This is insane and extremely embarrassing. I pay for unlimited texts yet i'm afraid to send them because I don't want them going to the wrong people. And when I called Verizon they made it seem like I was doing something wrong. There needs to be a solution soon. Its been going on for months.
0 Likes
bishopm

1. Others have stated that installing Handcent, doesn't fix the issue.  2. If it did, this would be a "work around" and not a solution. 

Having said that.  I've had this issue only since installing the last big update.  It had been happening multiple times a day.  I was very careful to make sure I was on the correct person and watched as I hit Send.  Then watched as it went to another person.  
The only work around that has thus worked for me is to keep my text message history cleared out.  Meaning, I don't keep many old texts anymore.  This seems to have fixed my issue for now.  If it happens I just go delete messages and I'm good for a while again.  

I would love for Verizon to acknowledge this as and issue and get to work on a patch to get it fixed.  

0 Likes
elisha

Well, the guy on the first page said they were going to fix it, but that was awhile back. It just started on my phone. 

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/android/thread?tid=345259e6d424bad3&start=40

this is not a thunderbolt or verizon specific issue

it is the operating system, cross carrier, multi devices.. 2.2 just sends txt to wrong people

the best option is a 3rd party app for text msg so you aren't using the stock application

0 Likes
Fractal
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has also started happening to me within the last week and a half.

0 Likes
BBNYC

I have been having this problem and its total **bleep** that Verizon just blaming HTC.
Verizon Wireless sold the phone and makes more money on the txt messaging plans than HTC will ever see on all their handsets combined. 

All and all pretty lame.

0 Likes