Text notification
carlosclarkmd

Ok so I would like an audio notification of text messages but I DON'T want my text message to pop up on my home screen.  Seems like this combination isnt' an option.  You have to enable the onscreen visual notification where the body of the text pops up in order to get the audio notification.  Am I missing something?  And who would want their text messages popping up on their home screen anyway?  geeez

0 Likes
Re: Text notification
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you checked the settings for the text messages application to see if any options will do what you want? You can access the settings by pressing the menu button while in the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carlosclarkmd

Yeah I've been to that area and tried every combination but still can't get it to give an audio alert without displaying my text message on my home screen.  sux.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

there's an app called "missed call" that i use for call and text notifications. not positive that it will do what, but you may be able to disable the toolbar notification and used the notification from missed call. it's an app that let's you customive the initial notification and susequent reminders (every five minutes vibrate, etc). it's a great little app.

0 Likes