Texting to an email?
ASUSportsDad

With my previous Verizon phone, I was able to text to an email address.  On my new HTC Thunderbolt, it shows that contact on my People list, but when I go to send a photo, it doesn't show that contact as an available choice?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting to an email?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ok, think I figured it out.  Out of the box, the messaging app won't show a recipient's email address.  You need to open the messaging app, hit the menu button, choose settings and scroll down to Recipient List Settings.  You should see an option that you can check for "show email address".  Now when you're composing a message and hit the little contacts icon in the top right or type the person's name in the To: field, it'll show email addresses.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ASUSportsDad

So far no responses.  Nobody can help?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

try doing in a different manner. maybe try opening the contact first, then selecting to send a text to that contact, then attaching the photo. as far as i know, you can still text to email addresses (but i'm not positive). or even starting a new text, then selecting the contact, then attaching the pic.

0 Likes
ASUSportsDad

Thanks for the idea.  I did try that but it wouldn't let me do an attachment.  I am sure there is an easy way, I just don't know what that is? 

I sure wish there were Verizon classes.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i just did it on my incerdible, which uses the same OS and user interface as the tbolt. i opened a pic, hit menu, selected "share" (the icon with 2 arrows pointing up), selected "messages," then began to type my email address...and my contact emails popped up so i selected the one i wanted. it gave me an error message that said "invalid recipient," but i sent it anyway and it showed up in my inbox. are these the steps youare using?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ok, think I figured it out.  Out of the box, the messaging app won't show a recipient's email address.  You need to open the messaging app, hit the menu button, choose settings and scroll down to Recipient List Settings.  You should see an option that you can check for "show email address".  Now when you're composing a message and hit the little contacts icon in the top right or type the person's name in the To: field, it'll show email addresses.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

I downloaded handcent (free) and it let me send an email to my PC with a picture from my phone pretty easy ( just did it so I could verify it worked). Handcent was reviewed as a top pick for android messaging (available from the market)

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

RobB772 wrote:

I downloaded handcent (free) and it let me send an email to my PC with a picture from my phone pretty easy ( just did it so I could verify it worked). Handcent was reviewed as a top pick for android messaging (available from the market)

if you want to check out a really cool (and very different) keyboard, check out swype

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

I didn't like swype... Somewhere I stumbled on a keyboard calibration setting where it had you type "the lazy dog"...yada yada and when I'd finished it , the keyboard, seemed to know what letter I intended to hit and also seemed to calibrate for my heavy touch (people say I have "ham hands :smileytongue:) cause my daughter tried my phone and said " Boy it takes a lot of pressure to get this touchscreen to react". I like it a lot more since:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
ASUSportsDad

Thanks PJNC, that worked like a charm.  Solved.

0 Likes