The BLACK HTC One
lbcake

Where is it and why is this taking so long for verizon to release it?

What is taking so long? Black is not that exclusive of a color, only every other carrier has that color along with that ****** looking silver...

Purely my hate for Verizon. I have no real information. I'm just saying that if Verizon does bring out the black color they're going to bring it out at the most inconvenient time for their customers and that will be right after they settled for the silver one and are unable to return it.

0 Likes
93 Replies
lbcake

Ok lol, I know what they do...

just stop bringing up moot points....

0 Likes
B33
Legend

No prob. ) I was going to remove post any way but i missed the time cut off  But as for the Customer Reps Yes there are ones that Visit and  may Answer your post or have you send them a Direct Message..

But i hear it's a Great Phone..

0 Likes
lbcake

yeah it is a great phone, but verizon only offers one color..................

>>Profanity removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

I wonder if Verizon is leery of the black One because of issues with chipping/scratches showing up more easily.

Looking around the internet I've found some discussions (even on the iPhone) with black showing more signs of wear in a short period of time.

I myself would put the One in a black case.  I just want the grills black, and skins can't cover those grills totally and make them look solid black.

I take way good care of my stuff so my One would never see the light of day out side of a cell case.

So I'm wondering if they just don't want the headache or it's just a matter of time before they just carry the Stealth Black.

0 Likes
lbcake

thats the thing i never use a case for any phone I have ever owned so theres really not much you can do about those grill speakers on the front that look stupid silver. I also wouldn't mind if the back of the phone was the only part that was silver but since its not and those front grills thats kinda the reason I want the black one..

0 Likes
sevnthperiod

I'm the same way. I just want the grills black. but I don't want to have to use some crappy skin to do it. Thus I as well am still waiting.....I was so looking forward to getting it only to be screwed by verizon again at the moment of triumph.

0 Likes
freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I waited as long as I can for a black HTC ONE. now im rocking silver and have ordered black skins- I have to say the silver is not bad... not bad at all.. and yes the stealth black will defiently scratch more the silver. im pretty sure VZW will sell the black but who knows when.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

>> MODERATOR NOTE: The moderation team and the representatives are two distinct groups with different responsibilities regarding the Community.  The moderators simply ensure that posts are in compliance with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service and edit or remove those posts, or portions of posts, that are in violation.  This is primarily a peer-to-peer Community, users helping other users, so Verizon Customer Service representatives typically allow the Community of users to provide answers first, and then they will confirm or provide additional help if needed. <<

0 Likes
lbcake

so are we gonna get speculation at least when the black version is coming out...?

0 Likes
lbcake

Ok well can we get a customer service rep in this thread to answer such a simple question as to when the BLACK HTC One will be available....??

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

No verizion customer service rep on this site has that information.  If verizion decides to offer any other color besides silver then it will just show up one day as an alternate color when ordering.  There will not be any prior announcement.

0 Likes
lbcake

show up one day...? I'm sure it will be announced in commercials and what not but you could be right that there will be no date given prior......

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

lbcake wrote:

show up one day...? I'm sure it will be announced in commercials and what not but you could be right that there will be no date given prior......

Actually phones releases and announcements do happen on the same day. You might get a day or two notice from the press release, but that is their normal phone announcement method. For example, http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/08/LG-exalt-LG-enact.html was announced and released the same day. There was very little rumors of a new Android slider on Verizon Wireless prior to this.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lbcake

Okay well, again I am still waiting for verizon to simply start pumping out these black HTC Ones.........

They should have been there on launch day aug 22nd... every other carrier had the actual phone for over 6 months and veizon 6 months later only has the silver color?!?!

0 Likes
freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im also waiting for black- that said. iv ordered dbrand skins(black)for the front speaker grills in case I get the itch and just buy the darn silver. since im putting it in a case it will appear black-. although silver is beautiful it's not for me. black case-black phone. every day gets harder to wait.

0 Likes
lbcake

Yeah I hear ya. I have been close to pulling to trigger on getting the silver one too but I never use a case with any phone I get. I thought about painting it black lol...

I mean how long can it take just to get the phone in black..idk why verizon is being so slow..

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes
GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

lbcake wrote:

Where is it and why is this taking so long for verizon to release it?

What is taking so long? Black is not that exclusive of a color, only every other carrier has that color along with that ****** looking silver...

Purely my hate for Verizon. I have no real information. I'm just saying that if Verizon does bring out the black color they're going to bring it out at the most inconvenient time for their customers and that will be right after they settled for the silver one and are unable to return it.

I'm with you...I only want the black one.  Silver is not an option, so I sit and wait.

I really don't get why Verizon after waiting all this time doesn't have every color of the One.

0 Likes
lbcake

Yeah im glad im not the only one because the black just looks soooo sleek idk how someone could buy that silver crap..

i mean how much longer can this take to release the phone??

0 Likes
mynd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just because you don't like silver, doesn't mean everyone agrees.

I love the silver housing.  It's a nice change over every other smart phone that isn't iSpeshul being black.

lbcake

Fair enough but its not fair that verizon has to be this late in releasing phones and the basic colors as you said in that most phones are black why isn't this phone just out in black as an option for verizon customers

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Life's not fair, dude.

0 Likes