Re: The BLACK HTC One
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

lbcake wrote:

show up one day...? I'm sure it will be announced in commercials and what not but you could be right that there will be no date given prior......

Actually phones releases and announcements do happen on the same day. You might get a day or two notice from the press release, but that is their normal phone announcement method. For example, http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/08/LG-exalt-LG-enact.html was announced and released the same day. There was very little rumors of a new Android slider on Verizon Wireless prior to this.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lbcake

Okay well, again I am still waiting for verizon to simply start pumping out these black HTC Ones.........

They should have been there on launch day aug 22nd... every other carrier had the actual phone for over 6 months and veizon 6 months later only has the silver color?!?!

0 Likes
lbcake

so are we gonna get speculation at least when the black version is coming out...?

0 Likes
mynd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just because you don't like silver, doesn't mean everyone agrees.

I love the silver housing.  It's a nice change over every other smart phone that isn't iSpeshul being black.

lbcake

Fair enough but its not fair that verizon has to be this late in releasing phones and the basic colors as you said in that most phones are black why isn't this phone just out in black as an option for verizon customers

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes
GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

I wonder if Verizon is leery of the black One because of issues with chipping/scratches showing up more easily.

Looking around the internet I've found some discussions (even on the iPhone) with black showing more signs of wear in a short period of time.

I myself would put the One in a black case.  I just want the grills black, and skins can't cover those grills totally and make them look solid black.

I take way good care of my stuff so my One would never see the light of day out side of a cell case.

So I'm wondering if they just don't want the headache or it's just a matter of time before they just carry the Stealth Black.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Life's not fair, dude.

0 Likes
sevnthperiod

I'm the same way. I just want the grills black. but I don't want to have to use some crappy skin to do it. Thus I as well am still waiting.....I was so looking forward to getting it only to be screwed by verizon again at the moment of triumph.

0 Likes
freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I waited as long as I can for a black HTC ONE. now im rocking silver and have ordered black skins- I have to say the silver is not bad... not bad at all.. and yes the stealth black will defiently scratch more the silver. im pretty sure VZW will sell the black but who knows when.

0 Likes
Sjf88

I sell cell phones in a retail store (not a carrier store). We have AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. No one wants Silver. We've never sold a silver One for AT&T or Sprint; everyone buys black. We've sold one silver for Verizon since it's the only color and the person who bought it said they would rather the black but need a new phone right now. Other Verizon customers have told me they want to wait for the black. It does seem to us like Verizon is losing sales (and 2 yr. re-commitments) by not having the black. Although, I have heard that there are supply constraints with the black one so maybe that's why it isn't on VZW yet. I don't see why one color should be more constrained unless it's purely do to the fact that everyone wants black so they're selling fast!! Definitely true at our store!

Another concern is the non-aluminum parts of the One. On the silver version, the sides are white. That white part feels a little rough, like the back of the HTC One X for AT&T did. Let me tell you, the white One X we had out on display got completely filthy over time and cleaning it didn't completely get it back to the bright white it started out as. That's a big fear with the silver One. The sides on the silver One look like they'll pick up dirt just as easily as the back of the One X. On the black, the sides are also black so it wouldn't show dirt. Just another reason to prefer black.

0 Likes