The New Market
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok So I got the New Market Update a few months back. Overall I like the designe and feel of it althou it was an adjustment. i do have 2 complaints thou and wondering if ther is a way around them...

1) I have two google  acounts on my phone 1 is the main acount that is linked to the phone and created when I got my first Android phone. This is the acount all of my Aps on the Market have been downloaded on. The other acount is a shared acount me and my wife use to deal with every day buisness(Like kids teachers, household things bills ect ect) Having both acounts on the phone is useful becaus eit alows us to share 1 calender while keeping perosnal stuf as well that dose not need to be shared (Work related ect) My problem is that sens the update the market now wants to update Aps for both acounts. This normaly is not a problem because I have never DL aps with the other acount EXCEPT all the added software that comes with the phone and with every update is atached to BOTH acounts. as a result my Market ap will ocasionaly swap acounts and tell me I have up to 9 updates waiting. This is anoying as hell and I am hoping that ther is a way to tell the Market ap to ignore 1 acount over the other. I figuer I can decide wich acount I sync contacs with, calender ect why not the Market?? Hopefuly Im just missing something. Also on a side not all thous Aps I mentioned that come pre installed if you have disabled the auto update in the market on them will be set to auto update on the otrher acount and will start to DL if you dont' go in and disable them also anoying. I just read that ICS will gve us the ability to tunr off and ignore unwanted Aps hopefuly VZW dos enot disable this because with out the ability to remove the Aps they can be seriosly anoying. Maby the next Market update shoudl include an option to ignore updates to specific Aps that woudl help as well.

My other complaint is along the same lines in the older version unless I chose to run some of the added software on the phone they never showed up on the market Update list (My Aps list) NOW they show up even if i dont' run them. again Id love to decide what Aps I want to track on my phone for updates expcialy if I dont' have the options to get rid of them.

I know the reason for the Pre instaled Aps, and the market aspect of it and the fact that ther is $$ involved for VZW. But serious all those VZW Aps (My verizon, Navagator, V-Cast) they can't be making money on and we shodul have the option to get rid of them. Also It's MY PHONE if I paid money for it then I shuld have the right to remove what I want to from it. At the vary leastr DISABLE what i want from it. Im neer going to use any of the VZW Aps, nore play Lets Golf, Nore use Blockbuster, ect ect Let me then get rid of them. This count coudl be off but on the T-Bolt I count 9 Pre Installed Aps and then a few that are not Aps per say but links to adding said Ap. Why do I have to keep these. i saw them I even looked at a few of them when I got the phone I have decided I dont' want them LET ME REMOVE THEM or DISABLE them.

Ok Rant is done, for now at least

0 Likes
Re: The New Market
Wildman
Legend

Try going the the Settings in market and try to adjust the Contents Filter option and see if that helps with the notifications items...

Now as for the unused apps, the developers that are paying for advertising rights by paying to have apps preinstalled won't allow the app to be removed bacause just being installed get users use to the apps names... Bet no one can say they never heard of any of the apps preinstalled...

And one last thing.... It would be a plus but I really do not believe that the HTC Thunderbolt will see ICS because the device has already been listed on the End of Life list and I don't see HTC taking time to intergrate Sense into a new OS update.. I have no facts and this is just a thought but I still think it will be up to the developers forums to make this happen unofficially.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried the Content filter Not much luck If I set on the one acount not to give notification the same settings folow for the main acount so no dice. Ill have to mess with it some more there masy still be somehting to the sugestion eather that or Im doing this wrong

As for ICS I have to agree for one the most of the reports I have heard never mention the Thunderbolt so it seems unlikly and then add to it all the problems with updates that the TB has had Im willing to bet HTC and VZW can't wait to forget about this phone wich is said because aside from the problems if the updates where cleen and did what they wher suposed to this phoen is excelent.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Wildman wrote:

Try going the the Settings in market and try to adjust the Contents Filter option and see if that helps with the notifications items...

Now as for the unused apps, the developers that are paying for advertising rights by paying to have apps preinstalled won't allow the app to be removed bacause just being installed get users use to the apps names... Bet no one can say they never heard of any of the apps preinstalled...ICS will "sort of" fix this for future devices. as i understand it, you won't be able to uninstall them, but you will be able to COMPLETELY disable them. they won't show up anywhere and most importantly (to some users, not necessarily me), they won't ever open if you disable them. a pretty nice feature of ICS.

And one last thing.... It would be a plus but I really do not believe that the HTC Thunderbolt will see ICS because the device has already been listed on the End of Life list and I don't see HTC taking time to intergrate Sense into a new OS update.. I have no facts and this is just a thought but I still think it will be up to the developers forums to make this happen unofficially. i still have hope since the original incredible got GB months after it's EOL. i could be wrong.

0 Likes