The extended battery and Verizon's extended battery case
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Okay I gave in a while ago and got the extended battery and then I was able to get the extended battery case when it began available in the store.  While the phone is heavier, I have become adjusted to the extra size.  I don't plan to use the extended battery all the time, but it is nice to have some days.

Here are some comparison pictures with a Texas Instruments TI-89 Calculator as reference.

The Thunderbolt without the case.

IMG_20110628_163739.jpg

IMG_20110628_163724.jpg

The Thunderbolt with the silicone case from Verizon.

IMG_20110628_163640.jpg

IMG_20110628_163604.jpg

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: The extended battery and Verizon's extended battery case
B33
Legend

Hows it workin out for you Ann is it given a few more hours of run time.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I really wish the forum would change the image policies because I really hate having to wait hours sometimes before images users post shows up... 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wildman wrote:

I really wish the forum would change the image policies because I really hate having to wait hours sometimes before images users post shows up... 

Ah, shucks!  I thought they would have it available by now.

@DincX110

Yes it does add quite a few hours of standby and usage time versus the standard battery.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

I bought the extended battery and a Seidio Extended Active Case for protection...it was like carrying around a paving stone in my pocket.  It is nice to have when I know I'll be away from a charger for awhile, but I've gone back to using the stock battery and keeping the phone on 3G.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
So I take that you have OK life with standard battery with 4g off and only on 3g?
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Looks kool ann i kind of wished i a T-bolt as well To PLAY with !  :smileysad:  Bummer.  Probably make ol Birtha Jelous though :smileymad: O well i'll get along with what i got. 

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Wildman wrote:
So I take that you have OK life with standard battery with 4g off and only on 3g?

Yes I do - at least for what I need it for on a daily basis.  Unplug it around 7:30 every morning and still have about 25%-30% by the end of the day.  I'm not a heavy user.  The trouble with keeping it on 4G - even with the extended battery - is that my work location is on the border of a 3G/4G area - so it seemed to be switching back and forth all day long and sucking the life out of the battery.  I find it easier to just keep it on 3G and use the standard battery rather than have to carry around a brick all day.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

TBoltOwner wrote:

Wildman wrote:

Yes I do - at least for what I need it for on a daily basis.  Unplug it around 7:30 every morning and still have about 25%-30% by the end of the day.  I'm not a heavy user.  The trouble with keeping it on 4G - even with the extended battery - is that my work location is on the border of a 3G/4G area - so it seemed to be switching back and forth all day long and sucking the life out of the battery.  I find it easier to just keep it on 3G and use the standard battery rather than have to carry around a brick all day.

i'm in a great 4g area, but it still drains the battery pretty quick. when i leave it on 3g i can easily get through the day with the stock battery. if i leave it on 4g, then i can get about 8-10 hours (with not much more than 1 hour of actual use) before i have to charge it again. so i typically leave it on 3g and manually switch to 4g if i want to use skype or stream video or download something large (and have no available wifi). i'll switch it to 4g if i check and have 10 or so updates for apps, as it will download and install all of the updates in less than a minute, and then i just switch it back to 3g.

0 Likes