Thee Thunderbolt
UMFootball1989

So, I'm leaning towards getting a Thunderbolt in two weeks, good idea?

0 Likes
Re: Thee Thunderbolt
Strikeforce97

I would strongly suggest you read the posts below before deciding. 

I have the phone and like it but it is not without its flaws.  If I could do it again, I probably would pass on purchasing it.  One too many issues needing attention.  It almost seems like the phone was rushed out the door.  Others may disagree.  Mileage will vary. 

If you purchase it, try to use it as much as possible in the 14 day window so you can make an informed decision about whether you should keep it or try something different.

0 Likes
rapongallo

I have had mine now for a month and I have not had a single problem. I love it.

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

rap- you in a 4G area?

0 Likes
rapongallo

When I am home I am. I travel all around a 4 state area and I don't have any issues with is going from 4g to 3g. When I am out  of the home area in the boonies I get mostly 3g. I don't have any of the issues that people have on these forums. I love the phone. I talk and surf all the time without an issue. I use my phone all day for work and personal use. Apps, email, text, and calls.  The only thing is the battery life. On 4g is stinks but on 3g its good. Hit me up with any other questions.

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

Well, my discounted upgrade is in 2 weeks and I was leaning towards the Thunderbolt then the Charge now back to the Thunderbolt, so I'm just trying to decide between the Thunderbolt and the Charge

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

UMFootball1989 wrote:

Well, my discounted upgrade is in 2 weeks and I was leaning towards the Thunderbolt then the Charge now back to the Thunderbolt, so I'm just trying to decide between the Thunderbolt and the Charge

If you've completely narrowed it down to those 2, I would purchase the TBolt first, use it A LOT within 14 days, and if you don't like it just exchange it for a Charge. Remember you only have 1 exchange to use.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
good advice on the 2 week test.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've had mine for nearly 2 months. i love it. as mentioned above, when i set it to 4g the battery is awful, but on 3g it isn't nearly as bad as these forums would lead you to believe. on 3g i get about 3 hours of real use and another 12-15 of idle time, so i can get through a day with no problem. i didn't intall the firmware update that was pushed in may so i am still running the original build and am not experiencing the random reboots (i held off on the update for a few days and saw MANY complaints about reboots so i didn't install it and am waiting for the next update). there are some known issues, but keep in mind that there are hundreds of thousands of these out there that work fine. i like htc sense so i would choose the tbolt.....but like the above posts mention, use it heavily for a week so you know if you will have problems and can exchange it. also......read up on the forums (here and other android forums) because there is supposed to be another update soon. "if" there is and it resolves the reboot issue then i think it's still the best 4g device on verizon. i would do this even if you have to hold off on your upgrade for a couple more weeks.

0 Likes
Karuk

Wait until the next update has been out for 2 weeks. If the forums have not blown up with issues your golden.

If patience is out the window I can only recommend the Charge at this point. Too much heartache with the bolt ATM.

0 Likes