Re: ThunderBolt Update Site says "Coming Soon"?
edithapage

Have HTC Thunderbolt and it just updated to ICS last week.  This is a mess.  When update was completed, i lost part of my contacts.  Features that you are used to in your old software is not in the ICS.  The biggest upset for me was the youtube feature where you will not be able to view videos even if you turn your phone horizontally.  YOu have to be very slick to be able to manuever the phone and have the video play sideways.  Widgets are different, email, text msging as well as calendars are diffedrent.  Not sure if updating ICS was a good move.  However, when i looked at the system software, it stated that ICS was meant for Razor only,

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

razor only? got a screen shot?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

After I read your message, edithapage, I tested playing a YouTube video and it played in both the portrait and landscape position. I even switched from one orientation to the other while the video was playing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
edithapage

i eill send screen shot when i locate the site.  also called verizon today i guess they numerous complaints about ICS especially with texting.  if you save your texts and yiu have over 50 texts from one person, it will be deleted.   they had to reboot my ohine and clean cache.  per tech support the ICS and Ginger are not compatible. one of thier solution was to do a master reset but that willbdelete everything.  just make sire all are saved in SD card and back ip assist is up to date.

0 Likes
edithapage

Ann154, thank you for checking, it must be something that i did.  i tried to calibrate the phone but its touch and go still.  some videos will rotate and others will not.  it must be me. lol

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, this particular discussion thread was for an older system update (Gingerbread) to the Tbolt. You might want to check out the newer discussion regarding the ICS for suggestions or other issues people are going through.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes