Thunderbolt: A Dimond with some Rough Edges!
B33
Legend

I know the T-Bolt has Brought excitement To Verizon an its Customers But with that Excitement its also has caused some frustrations and Headaches with its owners. And its not an will not be the first to this to this. it has happen to many of the great Droids that were realeased an the Iphone 4 as well.  So i'll try to give some suggestion to you. on the T-bolt like i got on my X an D inc.

1. Give the T-bolt some time it was just released an many of apps that are out are not working with it. But the Developers understand this an are working to fix this. This happened when froyo was released . But was fixed in a short Time.

2.Read the Manual if it Only came with a thin Piece of Paper Download the PDF Manual. I pute the Lynk on here to get you there but its up to you to download a read it but it should help answer alott of questions. http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html

3.If in Dought you cannot figure out whats wrong with it.   an the Manual is'nt  Helping Contact Teck Services an explain to the wasoo why  your not getting it to work for you an if the first person you talk to is'nt getting it. ask to go to a higher Teck an try not to loose your Patients i was on the phone with a T3 Tech for 3 Hours one Day 2 Hours the Next Day.  but the issue got resolved.

4.If Any of the Contribitors that has had some Time with the T-Bolt an Knows the Enter Workings or Work arounds on it can help. dont by almeans be bashfull in asking a Question because some of them know what to Do an can help solve your problem.  Or Call HTC an get with one of there Tecks to see if they'll  Help.

An My last suggestion: Dont let the little Hiccups on it get you Down. Walk away from it for a while.  Read the Manual for issues your still Stumped on. Give a Post as some have Done already . An with anything that has rough Edges it can be Polised to be a beutifull Jem. But a little reminder you have only 14 Days to be Happy with it.!  An the Clock is Ticking :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt: A Dimond with some Rough Edges!
AZSALUKI
Legend

and only download trusted and highly rated apps. if you see 2-3 stars next to an app, there is a reason for this. the community has already spoken and told you that app is no good. so if you download these apps and your phone gets a bit screwy then you have yourself to blame. 

and take care of the thing. it's a $700 peice of electronics so don't treat it like your old flip phone. treat like you would a laptop or anything else that's delicate. i've already seen that people have broke it and of course, are then irate when they realize they can't just get a brand new one for free. i know accidents happen.....but maybe don't rest it on the arm of a couch 3 feet over tile, or maybe don't talk on it hands free using t=your shoulder to hold it while standing over the toilet......you all know who you are...lol.

and use these forums. i found out REAL fast that you will find people here that know more about the device than verizon. also use youtube. if there are not already, there will be MANY videos with tips and tricks. it sounds a bit silly, but every time my son blows me away with something he has learned (on the wii, my droid, or our pc) and i ask him how he knew how to do that he simply replies "youtube."

0 Likes
g3717

Good and valuable advice. Now for something simple. The Thunderbolt email does not recognise my mailbox password from the Blackberry. Any idea how to set so I can retrieve?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

what kind of email account is it and who is the server? 

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Did you verify that you input the password correct? When I was setting up my POP3 account I didn't "watch" what the touch screen though I was hitting and it didn't work cause letters weren't what I'd thought I was pressing.  You could open the mail app and hit the menu, more, settings, account settings. Then step thru and verify if everything is as you need it to be.

( I was coming from a physical keyboard (env3) to a touchscreen that's what caused me to mistype....hope this might be your problem. If not try tech support wouldn't want your mailbox filling up with no way to access)

0 Likes
g3717

I have a simple "YAHOO" email account that has been used for business and personal emails. Seems that once I cancelled the Blackberry, the password does not work on HTC. So at this point, rather than retreiving email on the phone, have to use the notebook until this is solved. It seems when you transfer the email to a new unit, it does not carry over the password. Am I wrong?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

no....it has nothing to do with the phone or cancelling it. you can retrieve a yahoo email account from anywhere (theoretically i could set up your yahoo email settings on my phone and you could pull your email). what is the error message that you are getting after you input all of the settings?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

are these the settings you are using?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail/android

or see if this link helps (you could actually get the yahoo app)

0 Likes
kyoakuma

Theres always anti virus programs too, it automatically scans anything installed on your phone.  It will delete it if it deems as a threat

0 Likes