Thunderbolt Activation
hartar

Been waiting for 2+ hours for my new phone to "activate". Anyone else have this problem??

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Activation
Wildman
Legend

No it usually activates shortly after first boot, is this a new device or did you kust reset device?  If its a new device I usually had to activate online or contact CS before network will reactivate card....   Also try remove SIM Card and put it back in to be sure it didnt shift.

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

you can also try dialing *228 then option 1 to activate the phone

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

PLEASE don't use the *228 method. this is only good for phones without a sim card. this can ruin your sim card.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
FYI If you try, you get a popup error msg
0 Likes
Ambushbug

Just give them a call. We have two T-Bolts, the first one we got activated fine but the second one had the same issue you are having. We called them and it was activated in a matter of a couple of minutes. As others said, don't dial *228.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

budone wrote:
FYI If you try, you get a popup error msg

that's nice, because it didn't do this when it first launched and people were actually being told by verizon to call *228 (lol) and it was ruining the sim cards.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yeah, the store rep tried to get me to dial it to change the phone number attached to my Tbolt. He couldn't pry it out of my hands to actually dial it himself. No way in "fiery underground" was I going to let him touch my phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

The tech in the store used the *228 to activate my tbolt, I have since used *228 after a factory reset.  Never has it caused any issues.

0 Likes
Ambushbug

It's not that it always causes damage, but you run a risk of causing damage so why risk it?

0 Likes