Re: Thunderbolt Activation
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never knew it was a risk, but appreciate the info

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it's also supposed to activate automatically so i would question why i had to dial *228. i opened the box, put the sim in, powered up, and it activated. that is how it is supposed to work.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Sborden wrote:

The tech in the store used the *228 to activate my tbolt, I have since used *228 after a factory reset.  Never has it caused any issues.

The rep may have tried dialing *228 but it had nothing to do with activation since it does nothing on 4G phones (well isn't supposed to do anything).  Early on, it was reported that dialing *228 would mess up the sim card.  When I got mine, I had a Verizon manager almost break her neck running to the front of the store after she overheard another rep tell the rep I who was helping me to dial *228.  They had apparently received a memo warning against it.  Now it's supposed to disconnect immediately upon dialing but I wouldn't risk it.  The PRL and everything are automatically updated on the 4G phones like the Thunderbolt so *228 would be pointless even if it did work.   

0 Likes
Not applicable

hartar wrote:

Been waiting for 2+ hours for my new phone to "activate". Anyone else have this problem??

Hi there!

Please advise if you are still having difficulty activating the SIM card on the Thunderbolt. I'm glad to help.

Thank you!

0 Likes