Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
billwrtr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had all sorts of problems with the ICS update. Slow apps. Loss of wireless connection. Data calls not working at all. In desperation I finally bit the bullet and did a factory reset. Backed up everything backupable first. Took several hours to reinstall all 97 apps. I must say, however, now that it's just about restored, it seems to be working very well. Wireless working well; data calls available; apps respond at least as quickly as pre-ICS. So, if you're not happy with the upgrade on your device, go for the reset.

0 Likes
waveride
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the ICS update my GO SMS Pro has the same problem as the resident text app which is that only the first part of long texts is received.  My notifications are all messed up with no way to turn off notification sounds.  Everything has gotten slower.  Verizon wants to get rid of the unlimited data users.  Since the continual rebooting didn't do it they have a new tactic - a messed up ICS. 

0 Likes
smdavis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been using the same app - Go SMS Pro - since even before the update...I like it just fine but even it's lagging in response but sure beats vzw, htc & android!!

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Still hit or miss with the Tbolt after theICS update.  Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's slow.  Still haven't done a factory reset, but I may just try that to see if it does help.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Had my first real scare. I rebooted and it came up saying I need to activate my phone..... Luckily another reboot took care of that. And worse case, I have an extra SIM card sitting here if needed

Sent from my iPad

OhioDan2

The ICS update did not solve the "randomly power down at least 12 times a day" behavior of my TBolt.  And I cannot get my Mail linked to my Yahoo account no matter how many times I try, how perfect the signal strength is, or how many times I reset my Yahoo password online.

HTC TBolt = JUNK!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I decided to reboot the Tbolt for the first time at work since the ICS. Thanks to the building construction and general number of users in the area, the phone decided to connect to the 1xRTT and EVO Rev A network instead of the usual eRPD (3G) and LTE (4G). I will be going outside during lunch to see if I can get it to switch back. The EDVO Rev A keeps disconnecting so much that it reminds me of the months leading to when LTE was first turned on here. Ugh!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Same here

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I managed to get 4G LTE during lunch, but in the building it's again EDVO Rev A.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Mine drops to 1x where I never have ever had an issue. The activation screen is now a common occurrence, but it does activate

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes