Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
rkelbley

For a lot of people, yes, that is the case; I'm not arguing there. At the same time, having tried the leaked release personally, I can say that the UI and performance improvements ARE actually tangible. As has been noted on the XDA forums, Thunderbolts seem to behave very differently across the userbase, even when running the same software. I was personally rather upset with how much Sense caused the TB to lag, and am looking forward to the official release to get a desensed version. Honestly, with just the community's modest improvements on the leaked version alone, my phone runs almost as fluidly as my girlfriend's Galaxy S III. I hope they are able to resolve the connectivity problems (the leak absolutely has some, although relatively minor), as this is a very solid release with the great 4.0 UI enhancements and extra control over the device.

If they would just drop Sense and make less dramatic modifications to the AOSP UI, I would love HTC. As it stands though, their custom interface is (at least on this hardware) bloatware that sacrifices usability for aesthetics.

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

UH, yeah it does change things.  There is now software I need that I can't install because my OS level isn't high enough.  >Discussing of rooting, is not permitted on this site per the VZW ToS<  After only a little over a year my phone should not be obsolete. 

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Then upgrade the phone instead of obsoleting it.  Thanks for your wonderful non-service

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

So now there are at least two apps I can't install because Verizon is dragging their feet on updating our Thunderbolts assuming they ever plan to upgrade.  One is VyprVPN and the other is Google's newly announced Sound Search.  That's just 2 but I've encountered many more.  What's your suggestion Verizon?  Oh, I know, UPGRADE THE THUNDERBOLT and don't leave me stuck paying the same price for an obsolete phone.  Is anyone at corp listening?  Do you care we're just going to leave Verizon?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

JRAHNBO2 wrote:

After only a little over a year my phone should not be obsolete. 

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

thunderbolt is almost 2 years old now(launched feb 2011), its life cycle is over

2 years is old or a cell phone nowadays

0 Likes
and1DR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just read this article.  http://goo.gl/l2USc stating verizon is not going to update the Tbolt to ICS

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

So? I bought the phone last Sept.  Now I have a useless piece of junk that could never hold a 4G connection to save a life and can't load new apps unless I break my contract.  Do you not see why it's so easy to hate Verizon now?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

aactually i just bought one a month ago, of course i got it used for $60.

no issues with dropped 4g

if i wanted to i could put ics on it

it doesnt break your contract, just voids your warranty

NEVER buy something based on what they say it will have, always buy on what it has when you get it

JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Totally pointless conversation. Goodbye.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Why does my TB hold a 4G connection and have zero issues???