Thunderbolt & MyVerizon App
djmillerjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 issues:

1.  The widget is in an infinite connecting loop.  When I tap the widget to go to my account, I'm greeted with a log in screen.  So, I attempt to log in and it fails; I get "services unavailable, please try again".   Now, my first thought, is fine.  I'll just uninstall the app, and re-install it.  But nope, can't do that.  That leads to issue #2.

2.  Why doesn't the MyVerizon App show up in the market?

So, now I'm left with a factory reset, which from what I have read is not a guarantee that that will even solve the problem.  So, I am very reluctant to go down that path, as it will be a pain.

Anyone else having the same issues?  If so, were you able to solve it?

I went into my local Verizon store, and they couldn't understand the reason for the problem.  What's even more interesting is that he pulled out his DroidX, and the MyVerizon app shows up in the market for him.

Thanks.

Dennis

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunderbolt & MyVerizon App
djmillerjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, that was the issue.  The MyVerizon app didn't like the 'under-score'.

Verizon needs to change their code to not allow that to happen.  I get that it states only alphanumeric numerals, but honestly most people just gloss over that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
1. Can't uninstall because it was preloaded with new update. Same as #2 it wont be in the market because it was pre installed. Max u can uninstall is updates. Droid x didn't have it pre installed. I get error when I go into usage details.

With the may update anytime u power cycle ur phone and touch any Verizon app u have to sign in once. Because of security to do with us having a sin card.
0 Likes
djmillerjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, so I can't uninstall, which is really an irritating move.  :robotsad:

But that doesn't explain why I can't log into the MyVerizon app on my phone.  It doesn't why explain why the widget is in a infinite connecting loop.

I just tried logging in yet again, this time instead of using my phone number as the username, I used my 'username' username.  This is the same username I use to log into the website, and I have no issues.  When I do, I get the following message:

"Username is invalid.  Must be between 6 and 60 char in length.  Contain only alphanumerical char. And can not be 10 digit sequence."

Now, my username contains an 'under-score'  in it.  Could this be the reason why my widget will not work?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

That would be my guess since it says "only alphanumeric characters" (i.e. letters and numbers)

0 Likes
djmillerjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, that was the issue.  The MyVerizon app didn't like the 'under-score'.

Verizon needs to change their code to not allow that to happen.  I get that it states only alphanumeric numerals, but honestly most people just gloss over that.

0 Likes
rickp3131

I've been having this trouble for 3 weeks. Neither my user name nor password have an underscore or other non-alphanumeric characters. I've tried everything except a factory reset. Oddly enough, the app worked till 3 weeks ago. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rick

0 Likes