Thunderbolt Notification/ringtone issue after 2.11.605.9 Update
jgaiche

I know that this latest update was supposed to fix the bug where the wrong ringtones were being played when a custom ringtone had been set; however, now I am seeing a different issue with ringtones/notification sounds.   After receiving the update on 12/21, I have noticed that my ringtones and notifications sounds no longer stay set.   I noticed it when my email notification sound started playing some mp3 that I had on my phone and as I was looking further, all of my contacts that I had given custom ring tones were now set to some other ringtone.   I reset all of custom ringtones on my contacts and notifications sounds that I had noticed had changed.   This morning....many of them were set to something else again.  Including the gmail app notification sound (again).    Is anyone else experiencing this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Notification/ringtone issue after 2.11.605.9 Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
All of my custom notification tones have worked both before and after the 2.11.605.9 update.

I can't comment on the contact ringtones as of yet. Need to have those people call me to verify it works.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jgaiche

On my phone, it is now playing the ringtones/notifications that it shows should be played.   The problem is that those are not the ringtones/notifications that I had set.  I can change them and they appear to be set correctly again.  Then at some point, they are set to some other (seemingly)random ringtone.  I have set them all up twice since the upgrade yesterday morning. 

0 Likes
djysrv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another interesting outcome of the update to 2.11.605.9 is that all of my notification ringtones have been changed.  I had to re-set all of them except the ringtone for the phone which was not affected.

0 Likes
FrkUout
Mine will randomly change the ringers and notifications to something other than what I've set. They worked fine before the update, but since the update it's been changing randomly since installing the update. Everytime I reset them, they usually change within a day. I haven't had any other issues with the update.
0 Likes
phatrick

I've had the same problem. I've been using 3 different batteries and swapping them out instead of charging my phone because it is much more convenient than waiting for the phone to charge. However, since the last update, any time I swap out a battery (essentially a battery pull reset) my custom ringtone and notification tones are reset to either a verizon standard tone or a random song in my music library. Not really sure where to go from here other than manually setting my ringtone and notification tone each time my phone reboots...

0 Likes
jgaiche

My ringtones/notifications just changed again today.   I had shut the phone down and pulled the battery because of some other weirdness I was having with keeping my data connection.  After it came back up...all of my ringtones and notifications had changed again. 

0 Likes
Aesir

Same issue as many have described above.

After update to 2.11.605.9 my custom ringtones and notifications change every time the device is power cycled.   The vast majority of the time my txt notification sound is changed to "Facebook Pop" (which I don't actually remember being an option prior to the update to Gingerbread).  That sound is nearly inaudible, not to mention it's not the custom notification sound I've selected, and contiune to select.

About 25% of the time after reboot the device selects an mp3 file saved on my phone, one that isn't even listed within my notification ringtone selections list.   It's pretty bizarre, not to mention more than a little frustrating. 

It makes no difference if the phone it just restarted, or shtudown completely and then started up once more - notification & ringtone selctions are not saved.

0 Likes
gratfuldead69

I was having the same issues as you PRIOR to the update, that was very frustrating. However since the latest update, my phone is working correctly. For the first time in a year everything seems to be good. I'm very happy with phone.

0 Likes
adr6400l

I am having the same problem with my Thunderbolt since the update. The ringtone changes to a random MP3 after it restarts. Very annoying indeed.

0 Likes