Thunderbolt Overheating and not receiving texts/calls
esf812

Recently, my thunderbolt has started overheating. It happens sometimes while charging and at other random times. The phone will not always charge or hold a charge for very long. I've checked the running apps and nothing seems out of the ordinary. I went to a Verizon store was was just told that I need a new phone. Could I just need a new battery?

Also, I have not been receiving all of my texts or phone calls. I really don't want to buy a new phone right now. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Overheating and not receiving texts/calls
bearone21
Legend

it could be the battery, longer charging times, shorter amount of battery life are keys.

going to the verizon store is worthless, they make commissions off sales, not helping you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your thunderbolt acting right esf812! Based on the description of your concerns, it is likely related to the phone itself and not the battery. My first recommendation would be to ensure you are power cycling the device at least once a day and try to remove and readd the battery. In addition, have you tested an alternate charger? How about charging it to full capacity while the device is powered off? Have there been any changes to the device since this started happening? We will get to the bottom of this!

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
rileyzsmom

I am having the same problems since the firmware update.  I have been a loyal Verizon (Alltel, Cell One) customer for almost 15 years.  For the amount of money I pay for this, I need and deserve better than this!  I cannot buy a new phone right now, please help.

0 Likes
arkham84

Good luck with that. After spending hours on the phone with Verizon we found out it was the ICS update and they will do nothing to fix it or compensate me for the aggravation because "It's not a network problem". So I am stuck for another month because I didn't want to pay $100 to upgrade to a phone that is already outdated (droid DNA).

I am am not happy with the way they treat their customers and I am going to AT&T for the HTC one. I don't even want to wait until they release it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't had an issue with receiving text messages or not on my Tbolt with ICS when it was activated for a month or more after the ICS update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Arkham84,

Wait! We would never want to see you go. Software updates should make the device better. I apologize that this did not occur. What issue was the device having? Did you attempt a Hard Reset http://vz.to/rlYXKN on the device to repair any corrupted software after the software update? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
arkham84

I am not receiving some text messages. It doesn't happen all the time. It was looked in to and it shows the text being sent to me and my number receiving it but my phone does not get it. Yes I did try a hard reset and it did not work. The update has also made my phone unbearably slow. Especially lately. I talked with customer service several times and the last that was said was because it is not a network issue Verizon can not do anything to help me because it was a software issue. And that HTC gives Verizon the update to push out and Verizon has nothing to do with it. I know that Verizon vigorously tests any and all updates before releasing them, I also called HTC and they said they cannot do anything either. It's just really frustrating that I had to wait so long for a software update and when I finally get it my phone is worse off and no one can do anything to help me or compensate me. I would rather Verizon let me early terminate with out the fee

which is only 20 days longer until my contract is over. Rather than make me suffer more with this huge mistake of a phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do not want to lose you arkham84! We understand the need of a reliable device at all times.Has a resolution ticket been filed? If not, lets get one going for you. Please follow me back & send me a private message with your name and mobile number. Here to help.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sounds like an app conflict to me. Have you tried placing the device in safe mode for a day or so to see if the issue disappears?  If it does disappear it is an app or an app conflict

0 Likes