Thunderbolt Reboot Problem
amandaplease
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I first purchased my HTC Thunderbolt, I was thrilled. It was my first smartphone and I loved it! The excitement of owning one wore off after a month or so, and that's when I started having tons of problems with my Thunderbolt. Fortunately, several months ago, an update was released and my issues were fixed. All was right in the world.

Until, that is, I updated my phone again on December 21, 2011. Several times now, my phone has decided that, after receiving a text message, it wants to turn itself off. The screen will just go black. Sometimes, it likes to reboot itself instead of just turning off. Also, when I receive messages, sometimes I will be typing at the bottom of the conversation and the screen jumps to show me the top of the conversation and I can no longer see what I am typing. Then, when I try to scroll back down to continue typing, it tries to get me to delete messages in the conversation and I have to touch the return key three or four times before it will go back to the conversation and let me finish my message.

Yesterday (Saturday, February 4), I went to a local Verizon store and they assessed my phone, told me the software was all up to date, and the only thing they could do was replace the phone. However, if this is a problem with the phone itself, what good is giving me a brand new Thunderbolt going to do? New device, same problems, right? Before going back to Verizon, I wanted to see if any other Thunderbolt users are experiencing the same problems.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Reboot Problem
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

The thunderbolt was also my first smartphone, now I just want to throw this thing in the trash. Will never buy another HTC phone. If you go to Verizon they will give you a refurbished phone, they will not give you a new one. The replacement phone my be worse then what you have. I still have over a year to suffer with this phone, don't know why anyone is still buying it....

danod2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hate this phone!!!!!

This is very disappointing to say the least and I am waiting to see how long it will take for me to get totally disgusted with this inferior product Verizon is selling and go back to my Blackberry. It is an awful situation that I will be stuck with this phone until 2013.

Since the best that Verizon can do is to send another of the same phone with the same issues, come my contract end I will be moving both my phones to another carrier. I have been a long time customer and have never been so disappointed in products until now and this tells me Verizon just doesn’t care about customer satisfaction. Poor performance, auto resets, BluTooth drops, No signal or 1X and no 4G where a known 4G spot is. I have had enough, I pay enough and now I am stuck with garbage….. Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
amandaplease
Enthusiast - Level 2

Surprise, surprise. My phone was stuck in 1x signal ONLY all day today. I had to remove the battery and reboot the phone for my 4G to come back. This is not the first time this has happened, either. Also, it took 5 minutes to reboot the phone. That is ridiculous! I just went through and cleaned out my pictures and text messages, so I know there is more than enough memory available for it to turn on quickly.

I am so disappointed in Verizon and HTC.

0 Likes
gratfuldead69

I'm also having issues. After the latest software update, all of a sudden my phone was perfect. Ringtones assigned to right contacts, good battery life, 4G etc. I was very happy. All of a sudden I started having reboot issues. Something like 4-5 times a day. Talked to Verizon and did factory reset. Helped with reboot however 4G is very intermittent and battery life is awful. I bought another extended battery thinking that the first one might have been bad, only to find out it was not. Battery life horrible, no connectivity to network. This is absolutly the worst phone ever. Still have a year left. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
jlt642

I have the poor battery life and the reboot occurs at least once a day. For some odd reason these reboots occur while I am on the phone. Combined with the slow reboot/startup cycle the occurance takes upwards of 5-6 minutes.

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I had the same issue do u notice that when u no longer have a search bar when you are on webpages u have to hit the menu button to go to a new page.

0 Likes
gratfuldead69

Yeah. All kinds of issues including no location update in clock. Always says current location. Getting another certified phone but I have no hope it will be any better. According to verizon rep batery life diminished with update instead of fixing. Reboots common. Stuck for another year with a horrible phone.

Sent from my Windows Mobile phone

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

I still have issues even with a "new" phone.

0 Likes
gratfuldead69

Great. Its like the old eris. When verizon decided to phase it out after a very similar update issues they just left everyone hanging because there attention was on new models, not on customer service.

Sent from my Windows Mobile phone

0 Likes