Thunderbolt Shutting Down
cruesmom2010

Anyone else having the issue of your Thunderbolt shutting down completely and then having to turn it back on and restart the whole phone? This has been going on for 2 weeks now and its getting stupid. I have held my tounge for long enough and have not once since I have had this horrible phone complained to Verizon but the time has come. Just now I had it sitting on my desk at work went to look at it to find it completely off. Had to actually restart it. This is getting ridiculous. I would just like a day when I dont have some kind of issue with this thing. Worst choice I made getting it. This is not the only issue I have been having with it lately either. The keyboard works when it wants, my data connection drops constantly, and this rebooting thing. I have done a factory reset umpteen times and I am tired of it.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Shutting Down
abdiziriel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Thunderbolt too and it really sucks. You may try to replace it with Verizon or you can look for other options.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your phone updated to the latest version of the operating system?

I haven't had issues with reboots since earlier on in May-June with the reboot bug.

Have you ruled out any mis-behaving applications? Uninstalled application to see if the restarts go away? If you have done a factory reset, did you unselect the option to have your settings restored to prevent the phone from recreating the same settings on the phone including whatever is causing the reboots?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1

I have been also having problems with the keyboard not working, my address bar not working and the screen not responding. This is my 3rd phone in 9 months. I already did factory reset and everything. I know I can get a replacement, but I'm sick of losing all of my app data. Aka progress on games and financial apps n ahhhh just wish I could get a different phone!!

0 Likes
gratfuldead69

My phone has also been having all kinds of issues. After the latest update it worked perfectly, for like a week. Then all it does is reboot, shut down in middle of calls and battery life exceedingly poor. Talked to a verizon rep, did a factory reset. It helped for a day. Sent me a "certified like new" phone only it was worse than the old one. Would not recognize sim, etc. Kept old one. Called verizon, they said I could have a droid charge. Looking at reviews and forum, it is having the same, if not worse issues than thunderbolt. That is all they will do. Asked about upgrading but since I have a year left, they will do nothing. I'm so fed up with this phone. Pay a good dollar for something that never works! Imagine any other store treating a customer like that. One day everyone will leave here because of the lack of customer service. I realize they like to have everyone locked in, but selling a phone that they know will not work, ever is wrong!

0 Likes
chicchica
Enthusiast - Level 1

My TB has been acting strange for the past 2 days.  It does constant reboots and sometimes it's like it has "died".  I take out the battery and it still won't come on even though I'm pushing the power on button numerous times.  It's crazy! My text messages are sent but I'm not getting my responses...it's ridiculous.  Go figure, I can't find the customer service number...we have 4 lines so VZW makes a killing off my family.  As much as I pay a month, something better happen soon.  I'm sick of all the "issues" with the phones and VZW is no help 99.9% of the time. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless customer service is *611 from your cell phone or 1-800-922-0204 from a landline/different phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
miamiu_27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is shutting down as well. It has been shutting down in the middle of calls and just shutting down while on the charger. It is aggrevating. I did a reset and right when i was finished it shut down completely again. I see i am not the only one having this problem and i see Verizon is not doing anything to accommodate their customers on this issue. Which is sad because i speak so highly of them. I would hate to call customer service and they walk me through the same steps that i did from the TB site. I need to them to tell me the issue, this is not an isolated issue so they should have come up with the problem and a solution by now. This has been going on since at least 2010 from what i read. Sad you pay all this money and you get substandard service. I am tired of my phone shutting off on people, its rude and embarassing. I just text them and apologize and put my phone down.

ETA: Plus when folks give suggestions as to what to do in order to rectify the issue can you list some directions. Thanks

0 Likes