Thunderbolt Update - Coming Soon..
Wildman
Legend

Looks like HTC has a update coming to address a number of bugs in the TB, I figured this is worth a look at http://support.vzw.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Update - Coming Soon..
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

I Wonder if this will fix the audio/microphone issues.Or just offer improvements for the Radio:smileysurprised:

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

HEy Jaysean,

What microphone issues are you having? Is it low audio, echoing, etc. May I ask that you elaborate. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

ArnettH_VZW wrote:

HEy Jaysean,

What microphone issues are you having? Is it low audio, echoing, etc. May I ask that you elaborate. 

1.  When doing video recording the audio has trouble being picked up if picked up at all.

2.  When using voice control via blueooth it often comes out soft or no audio at all.  Accuracy is questionable as well.  Like how do you get call #3282 from "call Vicky ____" or "call Jason ____"

3.  When on call sometimes people can't hear you at all.  Sometimes you need to hang up and redial and audio then works.

Those are the ones I know of when I had my Thunderbolt.

0 Likes
Jvars

@BOTB - Notice you are in Hawaii....   My TB has been in Hawaii on and off (mostly on) since Friday,,,  unfortunately I am not in Hawaii, I am in Texas.  Yesterday I got flood warnings for the Island all day instead of tornado warnings that were broadcast where I am.  I am also tired of not having my alarm go off in the morning because my phone went to Hawaii overnight.  That and the poor 3g signal issues I have are driving me to hate this phone and I really wanted to love it!!!   I hope the OTA update really does fix these problems like I have been told it will.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Jvars wrote:

@BOTB - Notice you are in Hawaii....   My TB has been in Hawaii on and off (mostly on) since Friday,,,  unfortunately I am not in Hawaii, I am in Texas.  Yesterday I got flood warnings for the Island all day instead of tornado warnings that were broadcast where I am.  I am also tired of not having my alarm go off in the morning because my phone went to Hawaii overnight.  That and the poor 3g signal issues I have are driving me to hate this phone and I really wanted to love it!!!   I hope the OTA update really does fix these problems like I have been told it will.

What island are you in Hawaii?  For the most part reception in Oahu is one of the best for Verizon.  It's questionable in other islands with almost all the other carriers.  It's hit or miss out there.

0 Likes
Jwyatt

I am also having the same audio issues. Hardly any sound when playing back a video recorded with the thunderbolt, and speech often comes out extremely low on my blutooth. The only way I've found to fix the blutooth issue is to turn the thunderbolt off, take battery out, and reboot. Then it will work fine for a couple of days, until I have to do it all over again.

0 Likes
thomjwilson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone received the update yet?

0 Likes
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for replying ArnettH. I would be glad to elaborate on the issues but I don't think there's anything Verizon can do about it since its mostly an HTC problem, but here goes..

1. Certain apps I use that requires Voice, (Voice Recorder, Talking Tom, Etc) the phone does not pick up my voice at all, if it does its faint and low. If I search for a # to call using the Voice Search  it displays jumbled words in the search results. I called HTC and they said its due to the noise canceling mics that cancels the noise but also your voice. Its a known problem that they claim to be 'working on'.

2. Audio & Video recording is very low. Even with the volume all the way up I can barely hear anything whenever I record anything.This again ties in to the microphones canceling out the sound along with the noise.

3.This one I found the most annoying, mostly because its a handy feature for me but it may not be a problem for others. Whenever my headphones are plugged in and a calls comes in, I can answer but the other person cannot hear a word I say unless I unplug the headphones. HTC says the phone was 'designed to work this way', where it mutes the mics whenever headphones are plugged in. On my previous phone (droid x) I never had a problem with this and I even used multiple headphones.

The only other issue I have with this phone is the 4G service cutting out and always giving me a 'Network Error' message every time I use the browser or try to access the market. Its beyond frustrating because I pay for data and can't use it. That's why I was glad to see the update coming, but haven't seen it yet. Last I read it has been 'delayed'. I am to the point where I will have to switch phones and go back to my trusty droid x, which id have to go out and buy.

cheers

JaySean

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

1. no issues with voice search here.

2. fixed in the upcoming update whenever that may come

3. HTC poorly coded how the phone reacts when something is plugged into the headset jack.  It automatically assumes that whatever is plugged in has its own mic.  Who knows if/when they'll fix it.

0 Likes