Re: Thunderbolt Update - Coming Soon..
Geekdebu

I'm with you.  The update will come when the update is done.  Complaining about it won't help it go any faster. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

gina7289 wrote:
Vx1 as of tonight they don't know that about the price yet. There trying to keep unlimited but I hear it isent going to be the same as 3g Hotspot. There saying what u said because that's the plan for all others. It's going to be labled 4g Hotspot. It's not going to be a universal plan. We will know on the 14th. They can't tell u something other then plans that are similar. Everything changes everyday.

i don't see why they couldn't keep the same pricing. most people don't even get 4g/LTE so how could they charge you more for 4g if you don't even have it? i'm guessing it will be the same......2 gigs for $20/ month.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
On may 15th if u want it or want to know price info u have to go to the Android market under Verizon to select the new mobile hotspot if u want it. It will tell prices as well as if u accept it to update the Hotspot. If u don't want to have it u do nothing. Don't know the price yet but it will tell u. Customer service told me today.

I would love more then 2 but not needing to much maybe 3 would be great. I noticed I can't do as much when it goes black because shuts most of the connection. Hopefully a fix will be soon. I don't want it to be lit all the time while on.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

gina7289 wrote:
Vx1 as of tonight they don't know that about the price yet. There trying to keep unlimited but I hear it isent going to be the same as 3g Hotspot. There saying what u said because that's the plan for all others. It's going to be labled 4g Hotspot. It's not going to be a universal plan. We will know on the 14th. They can't tell u something other then plans that are similar. Everything changes everyday.

i don't see why they couldn't keep the same pricing. most people don't even get 4g/LTE so how could they charge you more for 4g if you don't even have it? i'm guessing it will be the same......2 gigs for $20/ month.

View it this way, they could have easily kept it at $20.00 for 2 GIGs for 3G and charged more for the 4G service, since they had it a that price for 3G before hand I would have figured they would have went up not down on the rate plans.  Basically they are giving access to the new network for  the same price, this is far if you view it from a business view.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Wildman wrote:

AZSALUKI wrote:

gina7289 wrote:

View it this way, they could have easily kept it at $20.00 for 2 GIGs for 3G and charged more for the 4G service, since they had it a that price for 3G before hand I would have figured they would have went up not down on the rate plans.  Basically they are giving access to the new network for  the same price, this is far if you view it from a business view.

but what i mean is, would they seriously increase the rate across the board, because 4g is available in some areas? it just seems to me that they should keep it at the current rates....at least until everyone has 4g. if i were in a 3g market only and they raised the hotspot fee to $30/month because of 4g, i wouldn't pay it. and it seems too difficult to have didfferent price plans (ie:$20/month if you're only in a 3g network, but $30/month if you get 4g).  i suspect they will keep it the same.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
While I believe AZ is mostly likely correct, I going to wait and see what the price of the Hotspot/tethering will be.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sounds to me they are following Sprints patteren.  They charged customers 10.00 for 4G even when they didnt have 4G in their area....

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Wildman wrote:

Sounds to me they are following Sprints patteren.  They charged customers 10.00 for 4G even when they didnt have 4G in their area....

but wasn't that just for the unlimited data plan for the phone (EVO)? or did they increase hotspot fees as well for the EVO?

0 Likes
CJREYES666
Contributor - Level 1
Update is a go get it now.
0 Likes
thomjwilson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read that it is not a push, but an over the air download. I was hoping for a push, cause I keep getting service unavailable when I check new. I have done everything, restart, battery pull, factory data reset. Still getting this error message.

0 Likes