Re: Thunderbolt Update - Coming Soon..
Tidbits
Legend

Have you tried a factory reset?  My cousin had your problem as soon as he did the factory reset he hasn't had a problem with reboots since.

0 Likes
Mermaid

Hello.  I tested my Thunderbolt phone in a 3G area again yesterday to see if you've fixed the problem with it loosing its internet connection all the time: on, off, on, off, on, off, and it is not fixed.  (The internet connection and mobile hotspot work perfectly when the phone is in a 4G area, and always have).

When my husband and I  bought the phone our budget alowed for the $20 mobile hotspot ($40 for both of us) since we could terminate our Cox Cable Internet service at home (our home is in a 3G area). WeI had to reinstate my Cox Cable Internet Service within a week of purchasing the phone since the Verizon did not provide the promised service as per our contract.  Fortunately, since I had cancelled with Cox, I became a "new customer" when I reinstated it so could take advantage of an introductory rate of $25 mo. As long as VErizon is paying for our Mobile HOtspots since they are not working that was fine. My understaing is that Verizon is paying for our Mobile Hotspots only until today (JUne 15).  Is that correct???? ???  I trust that Verizon will continue to pay for our Mobile Hotspot until the problem is fixed to make up for the cost of having to get internet service from another source.  Please let me know about this. 

Tthe introductory rate from Cox goes up to $36 next month since it was only introductory.  Our budget when we made thedecision to buy the phones was for $40 mo for the 2 mobile Hotspots, and it will become $76 mo to have an internet connection at home plus our 2 MObile Hotspots.  This is not fair to us!!!  We bought the phones in good faith that Verizon would deliver the product and service that they promised.   Not only that, we STILL don't have an internet connvection whenever we are in a 3G area, like we were told we would when we bought the phone.  We have been very patiently  waiting for Verizon to fix the problem for 2 months and have been extremely inconvenienced.  

Here we are 2 months after my husband and I bought the phone, and we stll do not have use of our Mobile Hotspot in a 3G area and therefore at home where we both work from.

One of 4 things needs to happen:

1)  Verizon fixes the problem (our first preference!) as per your contract with us-You should deliver the product and service that you presented to us when we bought the phone. You have not upheld your end of the business agreement. 

2) Verizon continues to pay for our Mobile Hotspots until it is fixed (then we would be back to our budget paying for Cox at $36 mo). 

3)  Verizon gives us a $36 credit every month to pay for the Cox Cable internet connection that we must have because Verizon has not provided it as promised (then we would be back to our $40 mo. budget).

4)  Verizon gives us the newest 4G Droid phone that works in a 3G area.

Please advise as to which option you choose.  I am done spending time on this.  Verizon has cost me a lot of money taking me away from work for this. 

Thank you.  Vicki Droz,{edited for privacy}    

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Vicki, you may want to delete your phone number, this is a public forum. Also, you do know the $20 hotspot would only get you 2GB of data, so cancelling your home internet may not be the best option.

In fact VZW stated the hotspot for 4G phones when they do start charging for it will NOT be 2GB for $20, but none of us know what they will charge.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The phone hotspot should not be used as a permanent solution to high speed Internet access in the house.

The free hotspot promotion will end soon. Then it will be an extra charge.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

You also do realize that the mobile hotspot feature was never designed to "replace" a wired internet connection, right?

Wireless, by nature, can be very inconsistent.  Even in your T&C, it says there is no guarantee that you will always have optimum service available to you at all times.

I hope you get what you want, but I don't really think your expectations are realistic.

Just my opinion.

0 Likes
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1

Dnakaman wrote:

You also do realize that the mobile hotspot feature was never designed to "replace" a wired internet connection, right?

Wireless, by nature, can be very inconsistent.  Even in your T&C, it says there is no guarantee that you will always have optimum service available to you at all times.

I hope you get what you want, but I don't really think your expectations are realistic.

Just my opinion.

To be fair, most wired home connection T&C have the same disclaimer. It's pretty standard. Your point is still valid, though.

0 Likes