Thunderbolt and Ford Sync
grwkak

Seen several posts on the inability of the Thunderbolt to work reliably with Ford Sync.  Specifically, dropped/unreliable Bluetooth connections and problems uploading the phone book.  I have a 2010 Focus - anyone found problems similar to what I briefly described?  Or does it work?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt and Ford Sync
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

grwkak wrote:

Seen several posts on the inability of the Thunderbolt to work reliably with Ford Sync.  Specifically, dropped/unreliable Bluetooth connections and problems uploading the phone book.  I have a 2010 Focus - anyone found problems similar to what I briefly described?  Or does it work?

Someone else on here also had issues with Fords SYNC on a Lincoln. I recommend you check Fords website or call Fords customer support for compatibility information.  

0 Likes
Teriann

I have a 2011 Escape and no problems at all with my Thunderbolt on it. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
steven5424

I have a 2010 F-150 and have noticed a couple of small issues compared to when my previous phone (LG Env Touch) was paired to it. The audio was very low, and I would have to increase the radio to max, even with Bluetooth volume all the way up on the phone, but I fixed that with an app call "Bluetooth Volume". It increases it even more, and now the volume is about half way on the radio instead. I have also noticed that sometimes when I either make or receive a call, (with the contact name in my phone), the name on the radio screen will not be there, it will show "unknown". I have seen the name there on one call, but not on another from the same contact. Other than that, I have not had any other issues so far.

0 Likes