Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Thunderbolt and Ford Sync
grwkak

Seen several posts on the inability of the Thunderbolt to work reliably with Ford Sync.  Specifically, dropped/unreliable Bluetooth connections and problems uploading the phone book.  I have a 2010 Focus - anyone found problems similar to what I briefly described?  Or does it work?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt and Ford Sync
GreenRobot
Contributor

grwkak wrote:

Seen several posts on the inability of the Thunderbolt to work reliably with Ford Sync.  Specifically, dropped/unreliable Bluetooth connections and problems uploading the phone book.  I have a 2010 Focus - anyone found problems similar to what I briefly described?  Or does it work?

Someone else on here also had issues with Fords SYNC on a Lincoln. I recommend you check Fords website or call Fords customer support for compatibility information.  

0 Likes
Teriann

I have a 2011 Escape and no problems at all with my Thunderbolt on it. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
steven5424

I have a 2010 F-150 and have noticed a couple of small issues compared to when my previous phone (LG Env Touch) was paired to it. The audio was very low, and I would have to increase the radio to max, even with Bluetooth volume all the way up on the phone, but I fixed that with an app call "Bluetooth Volume". It increases it even more, and now the volume is about half way on the radio instead. I have also noticed that sometimes when I either make or receive a call, (with the contact name in my phone), the name on the radio screen will not be there, it will show "unknown". I have seen the name there on one call, but not on another from the same contact. Other than that, I have not had any other issues so far.

0 Likes