Re: Thunderbolt data service down
phcoffin

PJNC284 wrote:

geneom1967 wrote:

Thanks that did the trick now will I have to reset when network is fixed? Thanks so much was running out of days to decide keep or not and I love this phone when it does what its supposed to.. Thanks Thanks Thanks been dealing with support for 4 days and just kept telling me to wait till i see 3g on phone what service

yeah, you'll need to change it back but you won't know if it's fixed until you switch it back to check which could get annoying.

Or just wait, you know, until someone kindly posts to this thread that it's all better now.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

That only works if the other person is in your area. One place working won't necessarily mean the others are up.

0 Likes
particleman

I think the ##778# trick will work for me.  I'll give it a day or two.  I work in a 4G zone, but I live just outside it.  Got 2 bars of 3G right now.  It's now about what I got from my old Blackberry Storm.  I'm hoping this will work for me so I can get 3G data when I travel to non-4G locations.

Bonus points for pinggolf and all the others who came up with this.

0 Likes
Micki196

I took mine into Verizon store and they did a hard reset...so now we will see if it keeps working.

0 Likes
pinggolf
I most certainly can't take credit for it. I just reposted the trick from a user on androidcentral.com. I logged a ticket with the VZW network team and received a voicemail from them last night. The issue still isn't fixed in my area (MA), so hopefully I'll get a little more insight when I give them a call this morning. I'll post an update if I learn anything new (I'm not hopeful).
0 Likes