Thunderbolt front facing camera shows incorrect colors and grainy
kardons

Thunderbolt front facing camera shows a images which are pixilated,
grainy and colors are off. I wiped the camera data and did not change. Should I
try a master reset or get another phone. The front facing camera has had the
problem since I got the phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunderbolt front facing camera shows incorrect colors and grainy
Not applicable

The issues that you are experiencing are not reported to be known issues.  So the next suggested step would be to do a master reset.  You can take these steps to do so:

From the home screen, Touch Menu > Touch Settings  >Touch SD& phone storage > Touch Factory data reset > Tap Reset phone > Tap Erase everything

Please repost if your issues still persists.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
The front cam is a poor quality camera. I believe its a 1.3 megapixel (the rear cam is 8 megapixel). It is not meant to be used as our primary camera. It is simply there for video chat capabilities. There's nothing wrong with yours. They are all like that.
0 Likes
kardons

My wife also has the thunderbolt and her front facing camera works with no snow and clear. My front facing camera from day one has been filled with snow, incorrect colors and not sharp. Also bought the camera to a Verizon store and they agreed the camera is not functioning correct. Wondering if anyone has seen the problem and does a factory reset help?

0 Likes
Not applicable

The issues that you are experiencing are not reported to be known issues.  So the next suggested step would be to do a master reset.  You can take these steps to do so:

From the home screen, Touch Menu > Touch Settings  >Touch SD& phone storage > Touch Factory data reset > Tap Reset phone > Tap Erase everything

Please repost if your issues still persists.

Thank you.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I was playing with the frt facing camera today. I am wondering if the OP may have set the, 'Effects' to vignette. I notice that setting is grainy as all get out and oversaturated with color.

0 Likes
WildJimbo

I'm somewhat reluctant to do a master reset, since this problem didn't exist for me until the recent update to 2.3.4

I guess if I was certain that this would fix it I'll be happy to do the reset... just hate going through resetting up my phone.  I'm just now getting used to it.

0 Likes
WildJimbo

Called support.  They had me do a reset.  Still grainy.  Suggested I go by the store tomorrow.

I still think it's a software issue.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Frt facing camera unless in bright light will be grainy. I think it is only a 1.3 megapixel camera

0 Likes