Thunderbolt is not receiving text messages
gonshevski

I recently purchased a thunderbolt, approximately a month and a half ago.  It was working completely fine until about a week ago, when I started having issues with not receiving text messages.  It can be resolved by resetting the phone, but there's no way to know whether or not I need to do that unless I'm in the middle of a text conversation and I suddenly stop receiving messages.  I know my messages are going out because I can still communicate through facebook and other non SMS or MMS applications, and all other functions work properly, but this happens once or twice a day, and is extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt is not receiving text messages
budone
Legend

Are you using the stock or 3rd party app???

0 Likes
gonshevski

The problem persists regardless of whteher I'm using stock app, handcent, or gosms, I've tried all three to see if that resolves it, it does not. Like I said, the only way to resolve it is to reset the phone, but all the text messages that were sent to me never come through. I called Verizon tech support about this and their system showed those missing messages as delivered.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you want, as a test download the SMS backup app and get it running. See if the messages forwarded to your email are the same as those that come to the phone.

0 Likes
wxguy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  My Thunderbolt is a refurb I received when my first Thunderbolt died this past fall.  I never had any SMS/MMS issues until very late February.  The problem is that I cannot receive any text messages.  Sending messages works fine, but I cannot receive any.  If my wife sends me a message, her phone will say it goes through, but I get nothing on my end.  This was a huge problem when I went 4-5 days without receiving any texts since I didn't know I wasn't receiving the messages.

The problem resolves itself when I reboot/restart the phone, but I don't want to have to reboot my phone every night. The most recent time, I went 2 days without any texting problems before the "can't receive" issue came back.

My Thunderbolt is STOCK (radio, ROM, etc.).  I have no 3rd-party texting apps -- I'm using the stock messaging app.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i had a similar issue last summer. i installed handcent (free in the market) and it's worked fine since then. the problem would come and go and usually fix itself for a bit after a reboot.....but you never really knew you were missing them. rather than try to trouble shoot an issue that you can't even demonstrate when you want to, i just gave an sms app a shot and it's been fine since then. i'm not even positive that the app fixed it.....could just be a coincidence????

0 Likes