Thunderbolt losing all data connection
jmhoney

For the last couple of weeks my phone has started losing all data connection.  I can still make calls, but if I want to surf the web, etc. I can't.  I can just turn on my wifi when I'm at home, but why should I have to?  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  I've pulled the battery and sim card but it still losing connection.  Very frustrating!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt losing all data connection
Wildman
Legend

There appears to be reports of another national 4G outage which is affecting a number of devices...  My device has been dropping in and out of data coverage for last two days.  My device is locked in 1X now and this is getting a bit of a pain but service has been working well for me so I am giving them time to resolve before I really react.

0 Likes
jmhoney
I hope I have your patience...it just seems as if its one thing after another.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I feel you pain but I work in the networking field and understand issues do happen and keeping network at 100% all the time is a impossible scenario.   I am not happy about the network issue because I use mine for work but at this moment the phone is still functioning so I still can contact customers and use wifi to transfer data...

I prefer to loose data for a short time than loose my network service for calls.

0 Likes
jmhoney
Very good points.
0 Likes
jmhoney

Well, i'm on my way to the Verizon store again, 2nd time in two days to see what kind of solution they have for my data issue.  I'll post on here any answers I may receive!

0 Likes
jmhoney

Just did the dreaded "hard reset" to lose everything on my phone besides pictures and contacts...   I've jumped for 4G to 3G, but doesn't seem to have lost connection yet....   We'll see..

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Strange mine went back to working the next day and has been working since, sounds like you may want to watch the connection as you start loading apps because if a hard reset resolved it then it sounds like a possible app or setting issue.

Also you did not loose your apps because they are on the market app when you log in and goto Menu / My apps

0 Likes
jmhoney
After the hard reset, my phone went back to losing data connection. Verizon is ordering me a new phone and should be here Tuesday. We'll see what happens. I will keep tracks on the app loading though.
0 Likes
ketchup201
Hey jmhoney. My thunderbolt is doing the same thing yours did. Can you post what happened and if your new phone fixed the issue? Thanks!
0 Likes