Re: Thunderbolt losing all data connection
budone
Legend

I still say if you lose data connection, call ##778 go into edit mode, go to modem settings and disable eHRPD. I woke up yesterday to zero data, disabled it, rebooted and all has been fine since.

It cant hurt

0 Likes
patt3332
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since I updated to Gingerbread, Rev.A has been enabled by default and I still have problems dropping my data connection when tethering to my laptop at work. According to Verizon, I work in a strong LTE area, but I can only connect to LTE about half the time. I mainly seem to have this problem when tethering however. My speed also slows down when I'm tethered and connected to LTE. Still faster than 3G, but not by much.

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

Same thing has been happening to me for weeks.  I've resorted to just turning on the airplane mode and then turning off to reconnect to data.  I've tried every other suggestion and nothing has worked.  This is obviously just a crappy workaround but it's faster than restarting.

Good luck and let us know if it gets fixed.

Hopefully this gets fixed in the update coming soon but it's not mentioned in the feature list:  http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/thunderbolt.pdf 

0 Likes
ilad

this is hapenning on my wife's phone but not on mine. She has to turn mobile networks and wifi off then turn it on and it restores data. Sometimes she has to reboot. She is also having her phone random reboot several times a day. This started after the gingerbread update, the latest one not the buggy version they pulled. Her phone never rebooted before the update but would drain battery ridicoulously fast. Also the phone seems to want to play wrong ringtones and show wrong caller id. The other day she did not take an emergency call from me because the caller id showed up as my brother who lives in a foreign land. I double checked the address book and it should not have happened. I can not believe that a fix ends up breaking something that was not broken. My phone is fine and they were both set up identitcal.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I understand where everyone is coming from I had issues with this from time to time in the past but since the recent update that Verizon made to the tomers and network my data has been preatty solid but I have noticed that around 6pm through 12am the network slows but I assume this is due to this being a possible high traffic time because users are of work and moving around more so mobile internet is usually one of the popular items around this time..

0 Likes
handinhandvt

Since the latest update, my phone has been losing 3g and LTE connections completely for long periods of time (about 1/2 hour).  I have had the phone since it was released and have lived through the pains of the random reboots (always when you need it the most), the crappy connections etc...  The phone was ok after the gingerbread update, but after this latest update, now all of my apps are stopping and starting, and the connection issues I mentioned above.  I love the phone, but this software makes me want to pitch it into a wall.  I guess I am going to have to take it into the store for troubleshooting, or go back to the original droid...

I have also tried airplane mode then back again a couple of times, but it only works some of the time.  It is SUPER FRUSTRATING when everyone else around you has a strong usable LTE signal, and I don't have anything.

0 Likes
jgaiche

Since the update I have started having issues with my data connection as well.  Almost daily now, I have started having a 1X connection in areas that i know have 3G and 4G LTE.   There are also times I have no data connection at all in the same service area.  Usually rebooting the phone will get my data connection back.  These are new issues for my phone that only started occurring after the most recent update.

0 Likes
djysrv
Enthusiast - Level 2

12/28/11 - 7 PM - no 4G service since mid-day and only 1X or 3G service since about 3 PM. I'm in Cleveland zip 44115 and 25 miles from there south and east.

0 Likes
patt3332
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was at my Verizon store today and  picked up a Rezound to see if it drops the 4G connection as badly as the Thunderbolt when I tether to my laptop at work. While I was there,  I was told that there was yet another data outage in some areas of the country including ours in Oklahoma City. Seems to be back up now though. Between the outages and loss of 4G when we use the hotspot, we're not getting much for our money. I'm not even getting any sympathy. Maybe they're hoping they can convince us it's all in our minds. The phone techs I've talked to don't seem to think there's a problem. I think I've seen 3 responses from Verizon Techs since this thread started. One around August and a couple around October. I tried sending my phone number to one as requested but never heard anything back, not that I expected to. I have one sweet young lady at my store that takes care of me, calms me down, dries my tears and sells me the newest phones while convincing me it's my idea. Boy she's good.

So far, most brands of new smart phones seem to be having this problem, inluding the Nexus. I'll let you know how the Rezound works out when I tether it to my laptop this week end. At least I'll try if the 4G connection is still up this week end. I've tried posting several new topics and the connection has been so bad that it won't let me connect to post them. Probably for the best since I was pretty frustrated by that time. They could charge us by the time we actually spend on 4G instead of by the month and we'd still come out ahead on the deal.

I'm kinda' hoping the Rezound works and kinda' hoping it doesn't. As nice as the Rezound is, I am  missing my Thunderbolt. It just fits my hand.

0 Likes