Re: Thunderbolt update to Ice Cream Sandwich.
AZSALUKI
Legend

Tidbits wrote:

AZSALUKI wrote:

i NEVER see incredibles (except mine)? which i find odd because i thought it was a fantastic device. who knows? the tbolt may not get it, considering that it will be next spring/summer before verizon pushes any ICS updates anyhow. but the incredibale had an end of life back in march (i think?) and got GB 5-6 months after EOL.

I guess it varies by location.  When I travel to the states, or in Hawaii I see tons of Incredibles, and Droid X's more than I see the newer devices.  I assume some are under contract, but a lot should already be out of contract or upgrade eligible.
I assumed it was a good seller compared to the Thunderbolt from what I have seen in 4 states aside my own.  So it doesn't bother me seeing it get the udpate as it is a very popuplar device.  I seen often enough if something doesn't sell well they'll "support" it maybe major 1 update and that's it.  Motorola Cliq, Cliq Xt and a few other devices come to mind from various manufacturers.

i'm sure there's a bunch of incredibles out there. when they do get older or closer to their EOL, the firesales usually promote them too. tbolt is still $200, but i bet it will drop in price by christmas, and will likely be free next spring. 

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt update to Ice Cream Sandwich.
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

gina7289 wrote:
R we getting gingerbread today? Downloading something now.

The OTA has been rolling out for about a week now.

0 Likes