Thunderbolt vs. Mi-Fi 200
Redbonecowgirl

I'm currently using the Mi-Fi for internet access where I live in the sticks where wireless is not available for us.  5GB for $50.00 a month.

Considerring when my upgrade is available just going with a Thunderbolt.  So just wondering how well the hotspot service works with the Thunderbolt and if there additonal costs for using the Thunderbolt as a hot spot besides the data plan.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt vs. Mi-Fi 200
budone
Legend

The HotSpot option is $20/month for 2GB. I believe it is $10 more for each add'l GB.

Right now the hotspot option is free on the TB until May15th. Then owners of the TB will have to opt in to continue to have and pay for the option.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt vs. Mi-Fi 200
annoni
Enthusiast - Level 3

budone wrote:

The HotSpot option is $20/month for 2GB. I believe it is $10 more for each add'l GB.

Right now the hotspot option is free on the TB until May15th. Then owners of the TB will have to opt in to continue to have and pay for the option.

Mobile hotspot is free now because VZW hasn't designated a price/GB for the option. For now it's unlimited. Once that changes, anyone that wants to continue using the hotspot will likely need to d/l an app(?) and, possibly choose from pricing options.

0 Likes