Thunderbolt will not receive txt messages
outinnavy

I can send messages but can not revive any I am on 1x when I travel 80 miles east to a 3g network I receive them all at once. This is not only my phone my cousin has same phone and same problem my wife has same phone and hers works just fine

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt will not receive txt messages
AZSALUKI
Legend

this happened to me one day last week. i realized i hadn't recieved any texts for about 12 hours so i called my wife and best friend and sure enough they had sent a few (and acknowledged that they had recieved all of mine). i turned it off and back on and have been recieving them ever since then. not sure why it happened, but when i rebooted it, it starting working fine again???

0 Likes
outinnavy

no this does not work i have tried pulling the battery restarting phone a hundred times nothing works till i cross back into a 3g aera and they come thur

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

do they eventually come through? mine never did. i have no idea how many texts i missed when i wasn't recieving them.

0 Likes
outinnavy

I assume that all come thru when I pass into a 3g network area my phone goes crazy with them 70-80 txt sometimes

the problem is I live in a 1x area  in Bloomington, MD  and its hour or so drive to get to 3g

my droid x worked just fine here

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

my problem was that for that day, i didn't get them at all, so i still have no idea how many i missed.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I recommend checking your text messaging settings. I have listed steps below for your convenience:

1. From the Home screen, select the applications tab (lower-left corner).

2. Select Messages.

3. Select Menu.

4. Select Settings.

5. From the SMS settings and MMS settings sections, select Delivery reports.
    Note Enabled when a green check mark is present.

0 Likes
outinnavy

No this does nothing still will not receive txt until in a 3g area I only go to a 3g area once a month

0 Likes
SuperKNZ

Not just inable to recieve , but sometimes (at night) I can't even send text messages and an error code shows up. Strangely, I can call and signal strenght is full.

The problem with not recieving almost caused me a domestic dispute.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

SuperKNZ wrote:

Not just inable to recieve , but sometimes (at night) I can't even send text messages and an error code shows up. Strangely, I can call and signal strenght is full.

The problem with not recieving almost caused me a domestic dispute.

exactly.....the wife wasn't buyin "i didn't get any of your texts all day".....particularly since when i got home i recieved texts all night....lol!!!!!

0 Likes