Thunderbolt won't receive SMS msgs....
miraclewhp80

My thunderbolt is able to send SMS msgs, receive e-mails and notifications for apps, but won't receive any txt msgs. I've already tried another messaging app (GoSMS) and double checking the settings.

Any clue on why it won't receive messages?!?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt won't receive SMS msgs....
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello miraclewhp80,

Sorry to hear about your SMS issue. I would like to review your account to confirm that it isn't a provisioning issue. I will send you a private message to get additional info from you.

Thank you...

0 Likes
Steph01924
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue on my thunderbolt. It seems to have started Friday, and is continuing today.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Steph01924!  Sorry you’re having the problem too!  Are you using any other 3rd party messaging applications?  Have you tried deleting some of your messages to ensure the inbox isn’t getting full?  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JoleenPAC

I am also having a problem with my Thunderbolt receiving texts. I have talked to technical support multiple times. i have reset, i have done many things tech support suggests and even had my phone replaced with a refurbished phone. i have tried multiple text apps to include handscent, sms, etc. all the same issue.

I have narrowed it down to the fact that my phone does not receive complete texts from anyone with ATT iPhone. Yes Tech support has tried to blame this on ATT however my daughters both have Verizon iPhones and My husband has ATT Blackberry...we can all be sent the same text...they will get the complete text, I will get the beginning...Not the end...

It doesn't break up into multiple texts or even go out of order. I just don't get them.

If you could help fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, JoleenPAC-

Sounds like you've done some extensive troubleshooting, and I appreciate that. I would like to look at this further for you. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message so I can do so.

Thanks!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JoleenPAC

ok i tried to DM you but it said I have to follow you?

0 Likes
Brijin

I have the same issue.  Spoke to customer service, to technical support, to a Tier 2 personnel with no positive result.  Only solution I was given, was to have my phone looked at in person at a Verizon store; which makes zero sense at all.  2 days ago, my phone worked completely fine.  I have not downloaded anything new, deleted anything new, phone has not been dropped, damaged by water, nothing.  I do not understand, and seemingly so, the 'technical support' person did not know either after 45 minutes of testing things.  Any other help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
toniosborne01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having issues recieving text messages on my Thunderbolt as well.  I have went to a Verizon store and spoke with a representative who after discussion and contacting the company's customer service sent me a replacement phone.  I will randomly not receive text messages.  Some I do get and others I don't, I am also not receiving phone calls at random as well.  It will ring on the other person's end and they will receive my voicemail but won't ring on my end nor will it show that I have a missed call.  This is becoming increasingly frustrating and becoming a pain to try and do day to day business.  I had someone, fellow Verizon customer, try for 2 weeks to send me a texts and not once did it ever come through on my end.  I would really like some answers as to what is causing this and what can be done to fix this.  The frustration is getting to the point that I am thinking of cancelling my contract, which I don't want to do.

tasha_erickson

I have this issue with my thunderbolt as well. I randomly stop receiving texts and I feel like it happens when my phone has been on too long, but it's happening again right now and I tried resetting my phone and it didn't help. I just pulled the battery and am hoping that will help, but it's starting to get quite annoying to have to text myself periodically to make sure my texts are still coming through.

0 Likes