Thunderbolt?
chrisjw9061

So I bought the iPhone 4, despite it being out since June, (i Know the Network is making it like new again) But I saw some people mention some thunderbolt here and there.... Just checked it out.. and I kinda wish I waited for that, and used that until Apple decidesto move over to some newer technology. Ha oh well.. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

simply return the iphone and go back to your old phone, you should be within the return period

0 Likes
mamarro
Contributor - Level 2

You do have the option to return the iPhone, as he said, as you are within the 14 day (yes the return policy is now 14 days, and not 30 anymore) return policy.  You will pay a $35 restocking fee though.

Keep in mind also that we have no idea what VZW is going to charge for their 4G data, which is what the Thunderbolt will be.  We also don't know if they are going to move to a teired data structure with the 4G phone, etc.  Also, are you in a 4G area yet?  If you are not, then it may not make sense to get the Thunderbolt right now.

Finally, have you owned an Android phone yet?  I have, and my wife has one too.  I, personally, think that the iPhone is a far better phone than any Android phone out there.  And, trust me, I am not an Apple fan boy - I have just had bad experiences with my Android phones, and so has my wife (but not as bad/much as I have).  I had 6 Droid X's since it launche don July 15th as they were all defective, and my wife actually had 4 Droid Incredibles (which will have the same basic software platform as the Tunderbolt will).  And, she got her phone about 3 months after it was released, and there were software updates released to fix the "bugs" but yet her phone still had to be replaced 3 separate times.  And, it takes FOREVER to get software updates (not the big fix updates, but the major updates) as the individual carriers/manufacturers hold them forever to tailor them to their "needs/wants."  For example, Android 2.3 has been out a couple months from Google, and there is one phone that has it only (heck, the Thunderbolt and the Motorola Droid Bionic that Verizon is releasing in the near future are still running 2.2 when 2.3 has been out before the phone!).  There are still phones that are running 2.1, or just now getting 2.2, when 2.3 is out.

Honestly, Android is definitely more powerful than the iOS is, however, everything on the iPhone just works like it should, and when it should, and that was not my personal experience with Android.  Others may feel different, and I hope not everyone had the problems I had with Android, but that is my opinion.

Just my two cents.....but do what you want.

0 Likes
ja1234
Contributor - Level 1

Its a HTC product. HTC may be good to some.  But I will always have a bad taste in my mouth for them. I tried ordering the incredible but got mixed up in them running out of screens(I know samsung) but still.I will never buy a HTC product. They feel cheap to me. and have a lot of issues ..google their devices and see. Speaker-buttons-screens-very ...very poor batteries. So what if my iPhone battery cant be swapped out. If I have to carry an extra battery to make it through the day then I can just buy something like the

http://www.verizonwireless.com/motorola-universal-portable-power-pack.shtml

From VZW to use for my iPhone.... I already own one cause my Droid x would only make it to about noon the way I used it

my iphone is lasting all day and I am using it more+++++++++++++

You got the better of the two phones for now IMO ...in two years 4g will be a lot more wide spread ...  The accesories made for the iphone are unreal.. Talk about support...Yeah iphone wins that too

All is JMO and why I bought now... Have fun

Edited****none working link Fixed****************

0 Likes
pittguy578

I got an Iphone this morning, and I am thinking about taking it back.

It seems very "slow" compared to my Incredible.

Plus the fact there is no T9 texting is a killer for me. 

0 Likes
Disco63
Contributor - Level 1

As a poster has mentione, VZW recently changed their return policy from 30 to 14 days.  The timing, I'm sure was planned.  The Thunderbolt comes out 2/25, exactly 15 days after the iPhone.  So if you decide to return your iPhone to get a Thunderbolt on the 25th, you're hosed.  You'll have to return the iPhone before, get another phone and then return that one for the Thunderbolt.

Also, regarding data plans for 4G, I was reading in a few trades that VZW will have tiered plans for 4G and they will not be cheap.  Rumor has it they will start at $20 for 2gb up to as high as $80-100 for 10gb!!

0 Likes
mamarro
Contributor - Level 2

You actually are only allowed 1 RETURN too.  So, you can't bring the iPhone back, then get another phone, and then return that one too for the Thuderbolt.

You will have to return the iPhone before the 14 days is up, and then activate an old phone until you can get the Thunderbolt.

When it comes to the 4G data, I didn't see that, but that is crazy!  I wonder if those that have unlimited on 3G will be able to keep their unlimited on 4G at the 29.99 price, however pay like a $10 "premium data fee" or whatever for 4G like Sprint is doing.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here is the one of threads in the Verizon community that is following the progress of the HTC Thunderbolt

http://community.vzw.com/t5/General-Android-Questions/HTC-Thunderbolt-Getting-closer/td-p/382930

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Im not "thinking" the same thing.....I'm doing just that. It's basically the incredible, but larger screen, front facing cam, 4g, and has Skype built in (not an app). I've had an HTC incredible for 8 months without a single issue or problem and I am WAY to hooked on Google voice commands to do everything on my phone to ever consider the iPhone. Yeah....the battery blows. But I deal with it.
0 Likes